Bo

• Standing Ovation? +14/-1
Re: Interracial Marriage
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 04:19:26 AM »
I have absolutely no problem with people of different races marrying....im white and if my children found a black/Asian/white/Hispanic/ whatever....good Christian spouse....that would be a lot better than a sorry white one....
If God has any other children as bad as me......He is in poor shape.....

bgwilkinson

• Standing Ovation? +195/-7
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 04:41:18 AM »
Ever wonder what the bible says about the subject of interracial marriage. It was Isaac who married Rachael who was the daughter of Laban (the Syrian).  Moses, a Levite married an Ethiopian(Zipporah) and David the king married the wife of Uriah the (Hittite). All of these mixed marriages were part of the linage of Jesus Christ.  Even the one of Rahab the harlot who was of cannanite ancestry. I've written a little e-book about the subject.  Still I'd like to hear from others.  The ebook is available at:  www.goodbooklets.net

When I first read this I suspected another uninformed KJVO.

If you start off like this you'll most likely be off on everything else or not.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:46:34 AM by bgwilkinson »
"Variety of translations is profitable for finding out the sense of the Scriptures." Augustine
"Love the Scriptures, and wisdom will love you." Jerome
"Even boys who are brought up learning the Scriptures, become most religious." Julian

Bo

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 04:43:03 AM »
Ever wonder what the bible says about the subject of interracial marriage. It was Isaac who married Rachael who was the daughter of Laban (the Syrian).  Moses, a Levite married an Ethiopian(Zipporah) and David the king married the wife of Uriah the (Hittite). All of these mixed marriages were part of the linage of Jesus Christ.  Even the one of Rahab the harlot who was of cannanite ancestry. I've written a little e-book about the subject.  Still I'd like to hear from others.  The ebook is available at:  www.goodbooklets.net

you believe interracial marriage is unbiblical?

bgwilkinson

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 04:55:06 AM »

It was wrong during OT times for unsaved to marry saved as it is today.

Decedents of Adam should marry within their race and only to decedents of Adam, other humans.  The people who want to marry their dogs or cats or their pet rocks are wrong to do so, even if permitted by man's law.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:03:07 AM by bgwilkinson »
"Variety of translations is profitable for finding out the sense of the Scriptures." Augustine
"Even boys who are brought up learning the Scriptures, become most religious." Julian

Bo

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 05:12:20 AM »

Decedents of Adam should marry within their race and only to decedents of Adam, other humans.  The people who want to marry their dogs or cats or their pet rocks are wrong to do so, even if permitted by man's law.
we have struck common ground brother...

I believe by your response that you believe like I do that when someone says "race" that the color of the skin is not called into question.  Because we are all the human race.    I agree with everything you just stated

bgwilkinson

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 07:15:04 AM »

we have struck common ground brother...

I believe by your response that you believe like I do that when someone says "race" that the color of the skin is not called into question.  Because we are all the human race.    I agree with everything you just stated

Correct humans, the human race is differentiated not by skin color or ethnic origin but only by saved or lost all others are not valid.

Walt

• Standing Ovation? +140/-0
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
I am intrigued by the subject -- today, it seems that most people have no problems with mixed marriages; however, not all that long ago, it was considered wrong.

I've never heard a Biblical defense of the "no mixed marriage" - most of the verses used are warning against marrying heathen (unbelievers).

groupie

• Standing Ovation? +45/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:40 PM »
I am an in an interracial marriage and it is HEAVEN on earth. I would not trade her for a billion dollars.

Izdaari

• Standing Ovation? +214/-3
Re: Interracial Marriage New
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »
If it weren't for interracial marriage, I wouldn't be here. My parents and my grandparents on both sides all married someone of a different ethnicity. The result was pretty good I think. I have ancestors from four different continents, and look more or less darkish Eurasian, and fairly attractive if I do say so myself.. I'm sometimes mistaken for Filapina, which is a reasonable guess but wrong. 

I don't actually believe there's more than one human race. We are all children of Adam and Eve (though I consider that story allegorical rather than literal).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:16:20 PM by Izdaari »
Big-time negotiators, false healers and woman haters
Masters of the bluff and masters of the proposition
But the enemy I see wears a cloak of decency
All non-believers and men stealers talkin' in the name of religion
And there's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend.