4everfsu

• Standing Ovation? +135/-2
Those who attended HAC, with what you know of the school
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
How many of you would attend it if you had to do it all over again?

kaba

• Standing Ovation? +185/-2
Re: Those who attended HAC, with what you know of the school
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:39:11 PM »
Not me!

Binaca Chugger

• Standing Ovation? +380/-3
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  I met my wife who is the greatest friend (aside from God) in my life.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

Of course there were HACkers there.  But there are goofballs everywhere.  Yes there was some scandal there - some true and some not.  But I learned and grew from it.

If God really is Sovereign, and He knows what is best for you.......  Why are you questioning what God brought you to and through?  Do you claim to know what is better for your life than God does?  Is this not the idolatry of pride?  This questioning is not meant as an arrogant rant, but rather an encouragement to recognize God's Sovereignty in your life.
Not that I'm saying, but I'm just saying that that's what they say.

Caligirl

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
That's a good question. My first reaction is No way, but back then God clearly showed me it was His will. I was not raised IFB but an 'on fire for the Lord' preacher and his wife from HAC started a church in our town that made a big difference in the lives of my family. When it came time to decide on college I prayed for God to show me if I should go to HAC. Three things had to happen before I could even consider it. First my mom had to accept the idea. She was set against it at the time. Second I needed money and third I needed to be accepted. The day after I prayed for these three things my mom asked me what all we needed to get me ready to move to Indiana, in the mail I received a check for 999 dollars from the IRS (an error had been made on my taxes. A friend's dad had done them for me the previous year) and the school called to say I was accepted (I had no idea at the time how easy it was to get in).

I was on fire when I left but drained and disillusioned by the time I graduated.

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:42:01 PM »
My youth director Dusty Cooper encouraged me to go to college.........I was working 2 jobs and knew that I wanted to do something for the Lord. I applied and was accepted I was never a top student so I was in shock!!My uncle Dave Ennis took me to school and dropped me off on Miss Campbell's floor. Debbie Veatch was my college roommate and she was precious!! I would meet my husband in a few years and if I had not gone to hac I would have missed my very best friend!!

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:10 PM »
you know that statement I made was so true....I don't believe in luck but God had my husband for me....marriage is work!! I didn't go looking for Mr Right he came to me................I was so shy and quite.....and was 100 lbs wet.......LOL!

nthanh61

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

I was on fire when I left but drained and disillusioned by the time I graduated.

That was so true for me also. However, I have to agree with you and Binaca, I know it was God's will for me at the time to attend HAC also. So yes, I would do it over again.
Up until 6, 7 years ago, there were times when I asked the Lord, why did you send me there? Then one day, the Lord seemed to tell me so that I know what "not" to do.
I think HAC meant well, they started out in the Spirit but somewhere along the line it ended up in the flesh. They want to win a lot of people for the Lord, but somewhere along the line, it no longer is God that gives the increase but a lot of gimmicks and all about what they did.

prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
Re: Re: Those who attended HAC, with what you know of the school
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:27 AM »

That was so true for me also. However, I have to agree with you and Binaca, I know it was God's will for me at the time to attend HAC also. So yes, I would do it over again.
Up until 6, 7 years ago, there were times when I asked the Lord, why did you send me there? Then one day, the Lord seemed to tell me so that I know what "not" to do.
I think HAC meant well, they started out in the Spirit but somewhere along the line it ended up in the flesh. They want to win a lot of people for the Lord, but somewhere along the line, it no longer is God that gives the increase but a lot of gimmicks and all about what they did.
Amen, amen, and amen.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

RAIDER

• Standing Ovation? +253/-6
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »
If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

Of course there were HACkers there.  But there are goofballs everywhere.  Yes there was some scandal there - some true and some not.  But I learned and grew from it.

If God really is Sovereign, and He knows what is best for you.......  Why are you questioning what God brought you to and through?  Do you claim to know what is better for your life than God does?  Is this not the idolatry of pride?  This questioning is not meant as an arrogant rant, but rather an encouragement to recognize God's Sovereignty in your life.

What he said!!

A More Sure Word

• Standing Ovation? +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:59 PM »
If we are going back in time to that same point - Of course I would!  I had all the inside scoop before going, and still chose to go.  My life was changed during my time at Hyles-Anderson.  I completely surrendered my will to God.  I learned what it meant to be a soul winner and see lives changed for Christ.  A burden for helping others find peace in Christ developed within me during those four years that has guided me ever since.  I met my wife who is the greatest friend (aside from God) in my life.  Why would I want none of these things to happen?

I would agree with Chugger's sentiment. I loved the years I spent at HAC. I don't agree with a lot that is done there, especially under Schaap, but didn't agree with everything as a student either. With that being said, I look back with much fondness on that time in my life and the enduring friendships that were made.