Binaca Chugger

• Standing Ovation? +380/-3
Re: So, what's the story behind your name?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:40 PM »
I didn't drink the kool-aid, but I did chug the Binaca.

A group of us kids would put our allowance money together and buy the big bottle of gold Binaca from the church bookstore.  Dares would follow to see who would down the whole thing.  We never knew why it burned so bad going down, but we sure did enjoy church!

Later in life, I learned Binaca is 27% alcohol.  I had to give it up for Jesus.  So much for telling my kids I never touched alcohol, I got my first taste at church!
Not that I'm saying, but I'm just saying that that's what they say.

RAIDER

• Standing Ovation? +253/-6
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »

A group of us kids would put our allowance money together and buy the big bottle of gold Binaca from the church bookstore.  Dares would follow to see who would down the whole thing.  We never knew why it burned so bad going down, but we sure did enjoy church!

Later in life, I learned Binaca is 27% alcohol.  I had to give it up for Jesus.  So much for telling my kids I never touched alcohol, I got my first taste at church!

That is a classic!!  :)

remnant

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
So, what's the story behind your name?
This is my first discussion group; I derived my name from here, (Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace).

patriotic

• Standing Ovation? +174/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »
I was and still am very patriotic. 

I purposely did not capitalize it so that people could not identify me by my usually correct grammar, spelling, and mechanics. 

Undertaker

• Standing Ovation? +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 05:12:32 PM »
Undertaker is a name I used else where.
It's my profession that pays the bills, although I enjoy preaching more.

I have been Media Man and Mr. Forum Man on other forums that I helped administer.

I did have an alter ego on some but i'm so over that. (name not released)

Fresh Air

• Standing Ovation? +319/-3
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 06:29:46 PM »
Well, about 40 years ago my Mom chose to name me after my Dad. The rest, as they say, is history...

;D

Seriously, when I came on the old threaded forum about ten years ago it was after lurking for about a year. I realized that a large percentage of posters felt they could be unkind/rude since nobody knew who they were. I chose to use my own name as a way of holding myself accountable, both for the content of what I post, and the tenor with which I post it.

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 08:58:05 PM »
Sherry is my real first name

h is the first letter of my last name...........I've been on these forums before 2000....

we have new names on the forum .....pm me if we know each other  :)

Norefund

• Standing Ovation? +58/-0
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
Well, about 40 years ago my Mom chose to name me after my Dad. The rest, as they say, is history...

;D

Seriously, when I came on the old threaded forum about ten years ago it was after lurking for about a year. I realized that a large percentage of posters felt they could be unkind/rude since nobody knew who they were. I chose to use my own name as a way of holding myself accountable, both for the content of what I post, and the tenor with which I post it.

I applaud you for this. often, anonymity leads to acrimony in words and spirit.

I chose to use an alias because I still have many friends and family attending FBC. I will never attend an IFB church again - hence, Norefund.
If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down

RAIDER

• Standing Ovation? +253/-6
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
So, what's the story behind your name?

I have a French Heritage.  :)

It reminds me of Pepe Le Pew.  :) 

prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
Re: Re: So, what's the story behind your name?
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »

I slammed the big bottle once, in 8th grade bio, as a dare.  We had lab that day, and I remember asking Mr V.  if it was possible that there was a chemical leak in the lab, cuz I was feeling dizzy...:P

Anishinabe