patriotic

• Standing Ovation? +174/-0

IFB X-Files

• Standing Ovation? +204/-0
Re: Darrell Moore making transition to east coast
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »
While I really don't know Moore very well, he has seen many things while at HAC and FBC:  The sins of David Hyles, and at the least he saw the changes in Dr. Hyles and what he allowed to go on in 1989, then Jack Schaap.  So my question is why is he still on staff?  Who could trust a man like that?
Barney and Betty Hill give IFB X-Files a 5 Star rating!

Kenneth Arnold should have never seen us!

Thomas Mantell wasn't chasing Venus!

BALAAM

• Standing Ovation? +279/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »
While I really don't know Moore very well, he has seen many things while at HAC and FBC:  The sins of David Hyles, and at the least he saw the changes in Dr. Hyles and what he allowed to go on in 1989, then Jack Schaap.  So my question is why is he still on staff?  Who could trust a man like that?

I agree and even if it may not be a question of complete trust you would still have to question anything from any of these guys.

Sherryh

• Standing Ovation? +246/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:21 PM »
When our friend Doug Kalapp passed away Darrell Moore was put in a situation he didn't ask for but took the work .....I'm wondering how the mission work has survived?

Bravo

• Standing Ovation? +48/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
Here's a question,...

If he is going to live on the east coast he can he remain a member of FBC, a Midwestern church? I thought we were local church people???

IFB X-Files

• Standing Ovation? +204/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
I thought we were local church people???

That's what I love....HUMOR!!
Barney and Betty Hill give IFB X-Files a 5 Star rating!

Kenneth Arnold should have never seen us!

Thomas Mantell wasn't chasing Venus!

patriotic

• Standing Ovation? +174/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 10:55:50 PM »
Here's a question,...

If he is going to live on the east coast he can he remain a member of FBC, a Midwestern church? I thought we were local church people???

Bravo, that's the first thing I thought when I heard him say that too.  If they're going to live - have a residence, presumably with that mailing address, etc. - then isn't that where they should find a local church to join and attend and tithe at while they're not traveling? 

I guess I grew up in more of a TRUE, local church oriented teaching. 

prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
Re: Re: Darrell Moore making transition to east coast
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 12:24:26 AM »
Here's a question,...

Bravo, that's the first thing I thought when I heard him say that too.  If they're going to live - have a residence, presumably with that mailing address, etc. - then isn't that where they should find a local church to join and attend and tithe at while they're not traveling? 

I guess I grew up in more of a TRUE, local church oriented teaching.
I '3rd' that, patriotic.  I just shook my head.  Bro.Moore was the one person I looked to for leadership, when Scrapp went crazy, and he was quieter then a church mouse.   So I guess 'local church' has a new definition...'pay check  church'. 
   Of course, I've always wondered how a missionary's 'sending church' has any say so in his ministry.  I mean, show me that one in The Acts of the Apostles. 
   I thought those you 'assemble' with made up the 'local church'.  So, if you assemble with them 6 times a year, you have fulfilled the requirements?  Ok.  I'm  gonna move in with another woman, but I will visit my wife once a month, cuz after all, we are a family.  She can cook for me, on that visit, so we can eat together.  It's for my health, ya know.

Anishinabe

Binaca Chugger

• Standing Ovation? +380/-3
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 02:07:21 AM »
This is a political move.  You have to look at these things as to how they will impact the denomination, yes, the NADD.

Only a few people know the real reason the Moores are moving and I am not one of them.  Whatever it is, they want to present the idea that nothing is wrong.  DM is happy with JW and JW is happy with DM.  Make believe position with a big title and maybe even a paycheck.  He is going to be an evangelist and represent the college.  Many evangelists live in a trailer or the like and only attend their home church a few times each year.  The real goal is to prevent people from assuming that one is upset with the other.  A united front.
Not that I'm saying, but I'm just saying that that's what they say.

Norefund

• Standing Ovation? +58/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 08:08:36 AM »
His wife, Janet Moore, wrote the absolute meanest letter in support of Jack Schaap including [paraphrased because I am too lazy to look it up] "We taught our daughters better than to go around seducing men three time their age." I wonder if now, after the support letters were publicly available and after the prosecution released the overwhelming evidence showing how JS manipulated this girl, if all of that didn't contribute to the Moores getting out of Dodge.

If not, it should.

Disclaimer: I don't know either of them.
If you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down