Binaca Chugger

• Standing Ovation? +380/-3
Description?
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:39:55 AM »
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?
Not that I'm saying, but I'm just saying that that's what they say.

Just me

• Standing Ovation? +39/-2
Re: Description?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »
I know very little about this school.  Anybody got a description that would be understandable by an old HACker?

Sadly, slowly going the direction of Hyles Anderson.

Binaca Chugger

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »

That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.

Just me

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »

That's curious.  I have only heard the pastor there preach one time, but he made much of his sermon a rip on JH for trying to motivate people to go soul winning.

What "pastor" was that?   Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.

Binaca Chugger

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:43:30 AM »

What "pastor" was that?   Sam Davison?  Because the college is not officially associated with any one church although SWBC in Okc is extremely tied to it.

I believe it was Sam Davison - it was a few years ago.  Not associated with any one church???  I thought it was a part of the ministry of that church?  Like I said, I don't know much about it.

Just me

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »

I believe it was Sam Davison - it was a few years ago.  Not associated with any one church???  I thought it was a part of the ministry of that church?  Like I said, I don't know much about it.

Sam Davison stepped down from being the Pastor of Southwest Baptist 2 years ago and turned it over to Jason Gaddis.  Sam Davison did remain as the president of Heatland but they claim no one church affiliation.  They are not like OBC, located less than 2 miles up the road from them, which is a direct ministry of Windsor Hills Baptist Church.

Of course SWBC is loaded with Sunday School teachers who are students at Heartland as well as bus workers who are also Hearland students.   As welll as the balcony at SWBC is full every service with the Heartland college kids.    go figure

Binaca Chugger

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »

Sam Davison stepped down from being the Pastor of Southwest Baptist 2 years ago and turned it over to Jason Gaddis.  Sam Davison did remain as the president of Heatland but they claim no one church affiliation.  They are not like OBC, located less than 2 miles up the road from them, which is a direct ministry of Windsor Hills Baptist Church.

Of course SWBC is loaded with Sunday School teachers who are students at Heartland as well as bus workers who are also Hearland students.   As welll as the balcony at SWBC is full every service with the Heartland college kids.    go figure

But no affiliation?  Interesting.  Maybe Mr. Davison didn't like Bro. Hyles promotion of numbers, but it sounds like he is duplicating the number factory.

So, who is in charge of the college?  How would it relate to old school HAC?

Just me

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.

Binaca Chugger

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »
Sam Davison is the president of the college but he travels alot.  The men and women running the place are a collection from various places.  Unfortunatlely their rulebook continues to increase in size and ridiculousness and their enforcement is going the IFBx route of control and manipulation.

Soooo.......   Very similar to what I would be accustomed to?  Interesting.

Just me

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »

Soooo.......   Very similar to what I would be accustomed to?  Interesting.

Well then it's settled.  Send your kids.