Twisted

• Standing Ovation? +97/-2
Re: Animal sacrifices during the Millenium
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
The New Scofield Reference Bible (1967, not the 1917 Old Scofield) has an interesting note on Ezekiel 43:19: "A problem is posed by this paragraph (vv. 19-27).  Since the NT clearly teaches that animal sacrifices do not in themselves cleanse away sin (Heb. 10:4) and that the one sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ that was made at Calvary completely provides for such expiation (cp. Heb. 9;12, 26, 28, 10:10-14), how can there be a fulfillment of such a prophecy?  Two answers have been suggested: (1) Such sacrifices, if actually offered, will be memorial in character.  They will, according to this view, look back to our Lord's work on the cross, as the offerings of the old covenant anticipated His sacrifice.  They would, of course, have no expiatory value.  And (2) the reference to sacrifices is not to be taken literally, in view of the putting away of such offerings, but is rather to be regarded as a presentation of the worship of redeemed Israel, in her own land and in the millennial temple, using the terms with which the Jews were familiar in Ezekiel's day."

Personally, based on the teaching of Hebrews 9-10, I would lean toward a non-literal fulfillment of the animal sacrifices.  I think we should give each other wide latitude on such issues as future events, since we don't really know exactly what is going to happen.  I don't know if there will or will not be a future temple with animal sacrifices in Jerusalem.  Such a temple is not something I see as essential to fulfill Bible prophecy, especially not at the cost of starting World War 3, but hey, that's just me.

Interesting thread.  One point that seems to have been missed is that the sacrifice is for the atonement of a nation, not individuals.  However it works out, it will be interesting to see.  Will we remember our questioning of the events?
"And they call *ME* crazy?"

illinoisguy

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
I am a "panmillennialist" - anyway it pans out is okay with me. 

robycop3

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 01:48:17 AM »
  Even now, as the Jews in Israel prepare the materials to build a new temple, they're breeding animals such as red heifers to use in temple rites. Just recently, they consecrated an altar to be placed in their new temple.

I believe the coming antichrist will broker some sorta deal between Muslim & Jew so the temple can be built without starting a war. This temple MUST be built for the antichrist to perform the "abomination of desolation" in.

Ransom

• Standing Ovation? +448/-22
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »
After his return animal sacrifices will apparently be resumed to serve as a reminder of what he did.

Which is dumb. I mean, he returns bodily. He's right there. You can see the holes.

Communion itself is the reminder. When we have the Messiah with us in person, there is no need for a reminder. The only reason one reminder would be replaced with another is to prop up a theological system.
Take care,
Scott

insanely liberal - ALAYMAN
little runt bully - The Rogue Tomato

robycop3

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 06:31:26 AM »
  Remember, the Orthodox Jews still worship under the Old Covenant & don't believe Jesus is Messiah. When they build their new temple, they'll resume animal sacrifices in it.

prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 08:19:41 PM »
  Remember, the Orthodox Jews still worship under the Old Covenant & don't believe Jesus is Messiah. When they build their new temple, they'll resume animal sacrifices in it.
Not only are they no longer under the old covenant, which defaulted at Calvary, when God took it upon himself to have his blood shed, though Israel had broken the covenant, and not Him...

But they worship under the star of their god, Remphan, to this day.

Of course, it's entirely possible that some of the 144,000 are alive at this present time, who will worship Jesus, not some future "Messiah".

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk