The honorable Rev. FSSL, Litt.D., Hon.D.

• Standing Ovation? +177/-671
Re: A KJVO method of interpretation...
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
I really wonder why you would make such a comment.

Because we are already on Day Two of this same thread and 20 posts in WITHOUT a simple answer. I would have no qualms (whether you were ready or not) to explain my method.
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM! I am the resident "skeptic, critic, purveyor of doubt, self-contradicting, silly, weak-minded, ridiculous, inconsistent, superstitious zealot, deceptive equivocator, hell-bent, disbeliever, contemptuous, doubter, hypocrite, thumb twittler, lying, jackass...

bibleprotector

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »
I really wonder why you would make such a comment.

Because we are already on Day Two of this same thread and 20 posts in WITHOUT a simple answer. I would have no qualms (whether you were ready or not) to explain my method.

I am sure your method is the modernistic approach, but you can discuss that if you like.

As for my "simple" answer, I would say that I believe the Scripture and the Holy Ghost. A lot of my recent youtube videos explain things, so I am not sure why you are demanding an answer here, when you could look at them in the first instance.

I have no qualms, but I would point out that it would be improper to throw this presumptive label of "KJVO". Yes, I use the King James Bible only, but that's not the central limiting thing that defines my view/approach.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
I am always traveling, so videos do not work for me. What is your approach. I will give you my approach, step-by-step if you answer the question. Now we are on post 22!
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM! I am the resident "skeptic, critic, purveyor of doubt, self-contradicting, silly, weak-minded, ridiculous, inconsistent, superstitious zealot, deceptive equivocator, hell-bent, disbeliever, contemptuous, doubter, hypocrite, thumb twittler, lying, jackass...

subllibrm

• Standing Ovation? +342/-6
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
What does sermon/lesson prep look like for a KJVO? I am interested in what method you use.

You need to clarify the question, because broadly you are encompassing pedagogy with interpretative methodology. Also, you are not taking into account the obvious diversity within Protestantism.

So you are going to hide behind KJVO "diversity" while insisting that all "modernists" (note you still haven't given Ransom your definition) are the same and come to the same conclusions.

bibleprotector

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 08:06:09 PM »
I am always traveling, so videos do not work for me. What is your approach. I will give you my approach, step-by-step if you answer the question. Now we are on post 22!

If videos don't work, how are written documents going to work?

rsc2a

• Standing Ovation? +380/-112
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »

If videos don't work, how are written documents going to work?

One word: bandwidth.
"So let's suppose I raped your family." - Ransom

bibleprotector

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
So you are going to hide behind KJVO "diversity"

You seem to misread. I am ensuring that I am not lumped in with those who teach that Paul's Gospel was different, etc.

while insisting that all "modernists" (note you still haven't given Ransom your definition) are the same and come to the same conclusions.

No, I don't insist that, I just note a correlative trend among a certain group of people (whose views on various doctrines may differ quite widely).

As for the definition of modernism, I have already pointed to the initial or basic coverage of it on my youtube videos.

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
Since a post probably equals 200 bytes I think I will manage.

bgwilkinson

• Standing Ovation? +195/-7
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:58 PM »
bp, is mobile internet bandwidth free or low cost where you live?
"Variety of translations is profitable for finding out the sense of the Scriptures." Augustine
"Love the Scriptures, and wisdom will love you." Jerome
"Even boys who are brought up learning the Scriptures, become most religious." Julian

bibleprotector

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »
One word: bandwidth.

If videos are a problem, there is also pre-existing (to our discussions) written material by me which covers all these topics and subjects.