The honorable Rev. FSSL, Litt.D., Hon.D.

• Standing Ovation? +177/-671
Re: AntiKJVOs, how do you prepare for teaching/preaching?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
Could it possibly be that we are not unspiritual?

Could it even remotely be that we are rejecting your criticism while noticing your unwillingness to succintly and cogently explaining your interpretative method?

Your continued struggling excuses make for great amusement.... but hardly for honest discussions.
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM! I am the resident "skeptic, critic, purveyor of doubt, self-contradicting, silly, weak-minded, ridiculous, inconsistent, superstitious zealot, deceptive equivocator, hell-bent, disbeliever, contemptuous, doubter, hypocrite, thumb twittler, lying, jackass...

The Rogue Tomato

• Standing Ovation? +326/-14
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
Leaping from "there is no perfect translation" to mean "there is no absolute truth".

So, are you saying that Infidels and Atheists believe there is perfect translation and believe there is absolute truth?

There's your leap of logic again (a whopping non-sequitur).  It does not follow that if one believes there is no perfect translation, that one also believes there is no absolute truth. 

This forum is rated R for the Reprobates who run and moderate it.

Ransom

• Standing Ovation? +448/-22
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
Under the banner of Infidelity, we find Modernism  . . .

For the love of Jack, do you ever give a straight answer to anything? Sheesh!
Take care,
Scott

insanely liberal - ALAYMAN
little runt bully - The Rogue Tomato

bibleprotector

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »
There's your leap of logic again (a whopping non-sequitur).  It does not follow that if one believes there is no perfect translation, that one also believes there is no absolute truth.

There's that belligerent misinterpretation of what I said again. I was talking about Infidels and Atheists. There is no "sequitur" being presented. Why object, unless you are an Infidel Atheist?

bibleprotector

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 06:53:34 PM »
Under the banner of Infidelity, we find Modernism  . . .

For the love of Jack, do you ever give a straight answer to anything? Sheesh!

How is that not a simple, clear cut and straight statement? I don't know how I can make it any more clear. I repeat, Modernism is the influence of Infidelity (as manifest in the Enlightenment) on theology.

Ransom

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 07:13:50 PM »
How is that not a simple, clear cut and straight statement?

It was neither simple, clear-cut, nor straight. It certainly did not answer any of the questions posed by FSSL, which you quoted immediately before your non-answers.
Take care,
Scott

bibleprotector

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »
immediately before your non-answers.

Yes, this is a common tactic your side plays. You ask a question, and say in the question that it has to satisfy some criteria as defined by the questioner, e.g. by using words like "legitimate" in the question. Also, when any answers are given, they are branded as "non-answers" (see above). In other words, it is impossible to satisfy such questions as answers will always be deemed "evasive", "not answered", "missed the point", etc. etc. etc.

The Rogue Tomato

• Standing Ovation? +326/-14
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 09:30:09 PM »

Why object, unless you are an Infidel Atheist?

You got me.  I'm an Infidel Atheist.   And I'm likely to ring your doorbell and run. 
This forum is rated R for the Reprobates who run and moderate it.

Ransom

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »
it is impossible to satisfy such questions as answers will always be deemed "evasive", "not answered", "missed the point", etc. etc. etc.

Rambling on about "infidelity" in response to the question, "Where do you start [preparing a sermon]?" without, in fact, explaining how one starts preparing a sermon, is the very definition of "missing the point."

You're not really sore about my "tactics." You're sore that we won't let your non-answers go unchallenged, as if you deserve to be above any sort of criticism.
Take care,
Scott