logos1560

• Standing Ovation? +8/-0
Re: Brother Will Kinney's Testimony and how he came to believe the KJB
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »
Will Kinney suggested that God may have preserved His perfect words “in the Waldensian latinized Bibles till the time of the Reformation” (Flaming Torch, April-June, 2003, p. 18). 

Evidently he is uninformed or misinformed about the Waldensian Bibles.

logos1560

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2019, 10:45:52 PM »
Has Will Kinney corrected his misrepresentations of Bible-believers who soundly disagree with unproven KJV-only opinions and erroneous KJV-only reasoning?

logos1560

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 08:31:06 AM »

How are believers blessed by KJV-only use of fallacies [false arguments] and KJV-only use of unscriptural, inconsistent, unjust measures [double standards]?

What fallacies?

What false arguments?

The same use of fallacies are evident in Will Kinney's human KJV-only reasoning as would be found in yours.   Fallacies [false arguments] such as the fallacy of begging the question, the fallacy of special pleading, the fallacy of false dilemma, the fallacy of composition, the fallacy of guilt by association, etc. are used in erroneous KJV-only reasoning.

Will Kinney assumes his own unproven, non-scriptural KJV-only premises to be true, but he fails to prove them to be actually true.   Thus, he jumps to wrong conclusions based on unproven, not-true premises.

The use of unscriptural, unjust measures/standards (an abomination to the LORD) are evident in his Bible translation comparisons since he does not apply consistently and justly the same exact measures/standards to the making of the KJV that he would attempt to apply to the making of other English Bible translations.

robycop3

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
He is one of the WORST KJVOist commentators around. He has constantly been proven wrong on MANY different issues and he refuses to correct even the simplest of the errors.

Both of you need the Lord's help.

Where exactly has he been proven wrong?

Brother Kinney has done hours of research and study into the Bible Version Issue. He is well qualified to speak on this important issue.

Tell you what.... You commit to correct the issues that I point about about Kinney.... and I'll sure point them out. I'm not going to waste my time pointing them out if you're just going to ignore them.

Deal?

No, he isn't. many of his "corrections" of newer BVs has been shown wrong, that the newer version has the better translation of many old-language terms. A clear example is Ex. 20:13, "Thou shalt not KILL" in the KJV. (NOT "KJB") The much-better rendering, and the one that GOD meant is "You shall not MURDER".

And, Mr. Kinney refuses to face the FACT that the KJVO myth has absolutely no Scriptural support. That fact alone makes KJVO false.

illinoisguy

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2019, 10:37:10 AM »
I am not familiar with Will Kinney.  I noticed in post #30 a reference to his article in the Flaming Torch.  I just went back into my Flaming Torch running file to read that article.  He says "an educated guess would be that God preserved His perfect words in the Old Latin Bibles and then in the Waldensian latinized Bibles till the time of the Reformation."  I find it strange that God would preserve His perfect words in Latin rather than the original Greek, but as Kinney says, that is just a "guess."
Many have believed that the Waldenses passed on the "pure Bible," based on the book "Our Authorized Bible Vindicated" published in 1930 by Benjamin Wilkinson, a Seventh Day Adventist, and reprinted by David Otis Fuller in "Which Bible?" in 1970.  Wilkinson states on page 201, "it is no wonder that they [the Waldenses] knew and possessed the Vulgate.  But the Italic, the earlier Latin, was their own Bible." 
Thomas Armitage, in his "History of the Baptists," Vol. 1, p. 295, states that Peter Waldo "put his money to a use uncommon in those days.  He employed Stephen of Ansa and Bernard Ydross to translate the Gospels from the Latin Vulgate of Jerome into the Romance dialect for the common people."  If the Waldenses already had "their own" Italic Bible, why did Waldo go to all the trouble and expense of having the supposedly "corrupted" Vulgate translated into the Romance dialect?  Here again, it makes no sense to me that God would providentially preserve an infallible text of the original Greek through Latin translations rather than through faithfully transmitted Greek manuscripts.  But hey, what do I know about it?

robycop3

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 01:31:50 AM »
 Much of Mr. Kinney's stuff is guesswork, as is the KJVO myth in general.

We must remember the KJVO myth has absolutely NO Scriptural support & therefore cannot be true. God is NOT limited to preserving His word only in the KJV in English. This is entirely a MAN-MADE theory with no real authority behind it.

ObadiahHaidabo

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:10 PM »
I ran into Will Kinney on Facebook.  I joined his FB group entitled King James Only Debate.  May not be 100% accurate on title but it definitely had the word "debate" in it.

After joining, Kinney asked me to state which translation of the Bible is the one true version.  I told him it's far more complicated than that.  He  demanded I state which version or admit that the word of God has not been preserved.  I told him that I certainly believe the word of God has been preserved but it's not as simple as he wants to make it.  He booted me from the group.

Truly bizarre for a "debate" group.  Indeed, other KJV debate groups on FB have been far more open and balanced...and Kinney is something of a joke in those groups, even among KJVO supporters.

Will Kinney is a human KJVO tract.  He can spout his points, but any attempt to engage in meaningful discussion, much less debate, and he shuts down.  If you challenge anything he says with evidence, he ignores you.  That's just pathetic.  I'd respect him if he'd reply to a point with an argument, even if I disagree with it, but he is really just a tedious, repetitive monologue.

Ransom

• Standing Ovation? +448/-22
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2019, 11:24:18 AM »
After joining, Kinney asked me to state which translation of the Bible is the one true version.  I told him it's far more complicated than that.  He  demanded I state which version or admit that the word of God has not been preserved.  I told him that I certainly believe the word of God has been preserved but it's not as simple as he wants to make it.  He booted me from the group.

LOL! Wonder what would have happened if you had stated that the word of God was perfectly preserved in the NIV, the one Bible God approves of.
Take care,
Scott

insanely liberal - ALAYMAN
little runt bully - The Rogue Tomato

ObadiahHaidabo

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 05:32:58 PM »
LOL! Wonder what would have happened if you had stated that the word of God was perfectly preserved in the NIV, the one Bible God approves of.

There is a satirical "The Message Bible Only" group on FB...I should have swiped some of their hilarious memes.