prophet

• Standing Ovation? +373/-5
Re: I used to be KJV only...but that's changed!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »
  haw! A typo that turned out pretty funny! That's what I get from "messaging" with my phone! Now, I'm back on my PC.

I also wonder how that pastor & his son get past the KJV's PROVEN GOOFS & BOOBOOS?
Since the "KJV" was translated from a no longer accessible set of documents, (yes I know that the missing portions, filled in mostly by Syriac texts, are not that many in number) how can you prove "booboo" vs translation preference?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Vince Massi

• Standing Ovation? +36/-7
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 11:48:52 AM »
I stole this from another forum:

I'm LVO (Latin Vulgate Only). It was THE translation of God's Word for more than 1000 years. Not going to fall for some modern 1611 translation.

prophet

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »
I stole this from another forum:

I'm LVO (Latin Vulgate Only). It was THE translation of God's Word for more than 1000 years. Not going to fall for some modern 1611 translation.
What if you found Evidence that Jerome tampered with the text, to back Augustinian error, among other great heresies

logos1560

• Standing Ovation? +8/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 11:06:51 PM »

Since the "KJV" was translated from a no longer accessible set of documents, (yes I know that the missing portions, filled in mostly by Syriac texts, are not that many in number) how can you prove "booboo" vs translation preference?

You have not proven your claim or speculation that the KJV was supposedly translated from a no longer accessible set of documents to be factually true.     

Actual printed texts used by the KJV translators are still accessible.

prophet

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

You have not proven your claim or speculation that the KJV was supposedly translated from a no longer accessible set of documents to be factually true.     

I'm sorry, I assumed a level of scholastic aptitude in this discussion...was that too much?

robycop3

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 01:58:09 AM »
  How can anyone place total trust in the Textus Receptus, as it's been revised over 30 times??????????

And, the KJV, the latest TR edition, & the manuscripts from thich the TR was made, DO NOT MATCH!

**THE KJVO MYTH - PHONY AS A FORD CORVETTE !**

prophet

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
  How can anyone place total trust in the Textus Receptus, as it's been revised over 30 times??????????

And, the KJV, the latest TR edition, & the manuscripts from thich the TR was made, DO NOT MATCH!

**THE KJVO MYTH - PHONY AS A FORD CORVETTE !**
You've made, as is your MO, many assumptions here.

I'll step out, and let you bloviate.

You aren't the least bit interested in facts.

I'd be interested in a psych eval on you, but not in any more of your "nuh-uh!" responses.
Somebody hurt you.
You are reactive.
I'm saying this for your sake, not mine.
May God's peace which passes all understanding be your rest.

robycop3

• Standing Ovation? +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:09 AM »
  Can you COUNTER any of my "assumptions" ?
  OF COURSE NOT !
  Can you provide SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth ?
 OF COURSE NOT !
 Can you make the TR(any of its revisions), the KJV, and the mss from which the TR was made, match everywhere ?
OF COURSE NOT !
Is the KJVO myth false ?
OF COURSE !

logos1560

• Standing Ovation? +8/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »

I'm sorry, I assumed a level of scholastic aptitude in this discussion...was that too much?

Evidently, it was too much for you to back up and prove what you claimed or speculated or repeated from unreliable KJV-only sources.

prophet

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 11:28:32 AM »

Evidently, it was too much for you to back up and prove what you claimed or speculated or repeated from unreliable KJV-only sources.
Translated:
"I'll deny your sources, you'll deny mine, nothing will change, because I refuse to acknowledge points that are made by someone with which I disagree."