Vince Massi

• Standing Ovation? +36/-7
Re: Bob Ross is Out
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »
Okay, it's been six months, and no one can find anything on Bob Ross's trial. There is a tendency of internet media to post about an arrest but not about charges being dropped.

I might regret making this guess, but I think that the charges against Bob Ross have been dropped.

Tanner

• Standing Ovation? +3/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
Okay, it's been six months, and no one can find anything on Bob Ross's trial. There is a tendency of internet media to post about an arrest but not about charges being dropped.

I might regret making this guess, but I think that the charges against Bob Ross have been dropped.

I don’t think so, Dallas County has 1-2 year back log.  Things move slow here.   

Saved by Grace

• Standing Ovation? +10/-4
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
If they had the case they thought they had they usually try people by now......especially when they are IFB.

Im guessing they have enough to charge but "hear say " is not going to be considered evidence. (ex Kavanaugh hearings ) 

Vince Massi

• Standing Ovation? +36/-7
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:16 AM »
If they had the case they thought they had they usually try people by now......especially when they are IFB.

Im guessing they have enough to charge but "hear say " is not going to be considered evidence. (ex Kavanaugh hearings )

Tanner makes a valid point--this is not a high-priority case.

In addition, there is a problem about Bob KNOWINGLY failing to report the abuse. It is easy to prove that for decades, Bob Ross preached, taught, practiced,  and believed that man-made rules are both the cause and result of Godliness. His claim that he did not know that the reports were true (in the face of very strong evidence that they were) is backed up by what he actually believed and practiced.

The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he believed the reports, and that might be impossible.

Tanner

• Standing Ovation? +3/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »

In addition, there is a problem about Bob KNOWINGLY failing to report the abuse. It is easy to prove that for decades, Bob Ross preached, taught, practiced,  and believed that man-made rules are both the cause and result of Godliness. His claim that he did not know that the reports were true (in the face of very strong evidence that they were) is backed up by what he actually believed and practiced.

The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he believed the reports, and that might be impossible.
He believed it enough to kick the girl out of school.   This won’t be a big trial.  I see them offering a plea deal for a slap on the wrist.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walt

• Standing Ovation? +140/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:38 PM »

He believed it enough to kick the girl out of school.   This won’t be a big trial.  I see them offering a plea deal for a slap on the wrist.   

I agree with you; I expect to have a quiet plea-bargain struck.

Just me

• Standing Ovation? +39/-2
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
Once again the case has been delayed/postponed until 1 Nov.   Keeps getting delayed a month at a time.

Walt

• Standing Ovation? +140/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »
Once again the case has been delayed/postponed until 1 Nov.   Keeps getting delayed a month at a time.

Do you know why? Is the prosecutor seeking the delay, or is it the defense?