A Walk in the Park

We have sycamore trees all over the valley. Lots of shade from them. Most of them have enormous trunks; at least 4-5 feet in diameter. Also, if the sycamore is near an intersection, the trunk usually has a scar on it where a car had ran into it sometime in the past. Oak trees don't hold a candle to these sycamores for stopping errant traffic.
we don;t have oaks or sycamores.... and no trees that shed leaves or change colors with seasonal changes - because the season never changes... . we are in the true islands of endless summer.....

Last edited:
I was saying just the other day, Can't a guy catch a break? And yesterday I did...in the fifth metatarsal of my left foot, so I won't be going on any walks in the park for a while, and it's doubtful I'll be able to contribute to the 2023 color tour, but maybe I can post a couple shots from the recent past?

I was saying just the other day, Can't a guy catch a break? And yesterday I did...in the fifth metatarsal of my left foot, so I won't be going on any walks in the park for a while, and it's doubtful I'll be able to contribute to the 2023 color tour, but maybe I can post a couple shots from the recent past?
Please do.

It was 34 degrees and misting mixed with snow this morning. Doubled up my shirt layers and put a couple pocket warmers in my fanny pack..er, uh...sports pack , which didn't end up warming up because they were too old, grabbed my camera and went to Burr Oak Woods.

Put an extension tube between my lens and camera body to get close. Not true macro, but it served.

Life is barely pushing through, so attempted to focus on interesting detail.

It was 34 degrees and misting mixed with snow this morning. Doubled up my shirt layers and put a couple pocket warmers in my fanny pack..er, uh...sports pack , which didn't end up warming up because they were too old, grabbed my camera and went to Burr Oak Woods.

Put an extension tube between my lens and camera body to get close. Not true macro, but it served.

Life is barely pushing through, so attempted to focus on interesting detail.

34 degrees?...:oops: ..... that;s canada goose parka weather for me... 🥶 .....awesome pictures... ....