Recovering Fundamentalists Feature Dave Douglass

With good credit someone can buy a million dollar house with as little as 10%. Would likely be a great investment in a growing part of the country like Tennessee. I would love to own a couple houses in Nashville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Austin or Miami.

With good credit someone can buy a million dollar house with as little as 10%. Would likely be a great investment in a growing part of the country like Tennessee. I would love to own a couple houses in Nashville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Austin or Miami.
In Miami the rent or buying power is way above the normal I couldn't afford to live there. Its a beautiful place to visit not live.

Why would the church care what kind of house he could afford or did I misunderstand the post.

Is it some kind of woke prosperity hating group of people. I absolutely hate the philophsy that a good Christian should be living check to check and should be poor. One of the many ways God blessed his people, in the Bible, was through financial blessing and wealth. A hard working talented real estate agent can see financial success very quickly. I don't know Pastor Douglas but perhaps their money may have come the old fashioned way, through inheritance.
“One of the many ways God blessed his people, in the Bible, was through financial blessing and wealth.”

Sincerely, can you explain this? And does this apply for today? And what does a guy gotta do to be blessed like this?

Douglass probably didn't make either extreme happy with this, but that's not what it is about anyway.

I only listened to about 10 minutes and got enough to want to come back and hear the complete interview. He never impressed me IRL but the blurb I heard sounded spot on and a clear analysis.

I only listened to about 10 minutes and got enough to want to come back and hear the complete interview. He never impressed me IRL but the blurb I heard sounded spot on and a clear analysis.
I always liked Bro. Douglass back at college. Didn't seem full of himself. He was down to earth.

“One of the many ways God blessed his people, in the Bible, was through financial blessing and wealth.”

Sincerely, can you explain this? And does this apply for today? And what does a guy gotta do to be blessed like this?
I can only assume it still applies today. God has blessed me financially but I'm not sure its from hard work, blessing due to things I have done or just luck. The one thing I do know it's not because of great talent and ability.

The bible mentions a number of people in which God blessed financially.

God promised to bless Abramham Genesis 22:5-19 and he did Genesis 24:35, Genesis 13:2-6 and Isaiah 51:2
God promised to bless Isaac Genesis 26:1-5 and he did Genesis 26:12-16
Jacob was blessed of God and that effected Laben as well Genesis 30:27-43 & Genesis 35:9 and Genesis 28:13-15
Job was wealthy and it is implied it was because he was a just man God blessed him
Esau was wealthy even though his brother got the birthright Genesis 33:9 and 36:6-7 & Hebrews 11:20
David was blessed with riches even though he grew up poor. Samuel 17:25-32 and 1 Chronicles 29:28 & 1 Samuel 16:1-9 David was faithful David as a man of faith (Hebrews 11), a man after God’s own heart (1 Samuel 13:14), and part of the lineage of Jesus Christ (Luke 1:32).
Soloman ask god to bless hin and he did 2 Chronicles 1:7 and Chronicles 1:14-17

Just some examples where God blessed prople. No real indication why God blessed them but its clear being blessed of God financially is not a bad thing. There are many other examples in the bible but these came to mind. Wealth in inself does not have to indicate blessing from God. There were many wealthy people in the bible who were wicked.

Within IFB churches poverty seems to be a virtue, but I believe the bible teaches hard work comes with a blessing. I also believe the Bible expects us to care for our families, support Gods work and care for others. If you can not do those 3 things you may need to work a few more hours or improve you skills.

Last edited: