solar eclipse 2024 from hawaii

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
it;s 07;20 am in hawaii and the eclipse is officially at it;s peak here.....
.... (which would make it look like pacman).... . but as you can see from

the live feed of maunakea below, there is basically nothing to see........
wouldn;t be a whole lot anyway but cloud cover finished even that off.....

hopefully your view of todays solar event on the mainland will be better... .. ☀️

The eclipse happens here in a little under two hours.

In Ottawa we have 99% totality. I'm mildly annoyed that I can't make the drive of only a few miles that would take me into the path of totality today--I have a very small bucket list, but "see a total solar eclipse" is one of the few things on it--but I'm still going to go outside and expect to see something fun, even if the stars don't come out.

It was cloudy here so I missed it

It was cloudy here so I missed it

There were clouds here, but not at the moment, so that was good. Normally Ottawa is overcast for any half-decent celestial event. I haven't seen a meteor shower in about 15 years.

It was overcast here in Houston the whole day and the forecast going up towards Waco (where it woud be "total" appeared the same so I decided against the "Road Trip" that would've likely have put me in an epic traffic jam! It just seemed like a dark, dreary day but the sun actually poked out of the clouds right after everything was done!

I was in Houston and it was just fine for total eclipse …..

Well, Hueston Woods Lodge(Oxford Ohio)😉

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpeg
    IMG_1195.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
They told us the eclipse would happen here in Atlanta between 2 and 4ish. If I had not read that, I never would have known because I couldn't see any difference.