Vince Massi

Greek (no joke), English, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Minor Prophets

Vince Massi said:
Greek (no joke), English, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Minor Prophets

Those are the brainiac subjects!! 

How was working for Jim Vinyeard back in his younger years?  I imagine he was a crazy man back then also.

In my time at OBC, I only knew of one instance of Jim abusing a student (at HAC, on the other hand......).

He was a good guy who somehow was in charge of a yearbook Project and he didn't come through. Before expelling him, Jim tore into him verbally. The guy was a security guard at the OKC zoo, and on my afternoon off I found him. I made him swear up and down that he wouldn't tell anybody that I had talked to him, and then I listened to his story. I didn't know Jim's side, but I did know that you don't destroy a student when you expel him.

I urged him to quietly attend a Southern Baptist church, and after proving himself for a while, tell the pastor what had happened. Months later, I followed up, and he was then head of zoo security. I never heard from him again, and I hope that he's doing well.

While I was at OBC, only two students were KJO. Both were Godly, hard-working men, and we got along fine. But one profesor, who had been a gangster at HAC, used to pick on him. Criticism was strictly forbidden, but various students told me about it anyway. One day, the profesor asked him in front of the class if he had ever slept with a man. The student shouted "Hell No!" back at him and got a bunch of demerits. However, the bullying stopped.

The former gangster justified his bullying by claiming that the student was rebellious for not abandoning his KJO position. Feeling sorry for him, I made a big deal out of how God told Ezekiel not to be rebellious, but to swallow a scroll God gave him. (Ingesting God's Word is opposite from rebellión).

By any chance, of any of the students I am referring to read this, could you contact me at Threeofu@hotmail.com