aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
has anyone seen the discovery channel show doomsday castle?..... the first thing that came to mind when i saw that was a quote from george s patton...

"fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man... anything built by man, can be destroyed by him"

everything i ever read about apocalyptic scenarios said that mobility and the ability to move quickly taking all you needed for survival with you was life..... those bound to one place or trying to defend a piece of ground or stash of supplies would eventually be overwhelmed and destroyed......

but what would you do if something like the end time event, that family is preparing for, actually happened in america?..... not necessarily a Biblical tribulation, but a total breakdown in society and a failure of civil authority here in america..... maybe even worldwide..... ..... if something like that happened here....and you and your family were suddenly forced to depend entirely on yourselves for survival... with no hope of help coming from anyone else..... what would your plan be?...... ... have you thought about it?.......

Last edited:
Truthful answer: we would be in big trouble.  I keep a few things on hand, and I mean very few things, in case of emergency. 

aleshanee said:
kinda sobering when you realize just how much we really depend on the system working the way we expect it to.........  :-\[/font][/size][/color]

I agree.  I don't see civil unrest being a problem in our area because most people are well-armed.  But widespread unrest in the country could affect banks, and all types of delivery (meds, food, gasoline).  We had an extended power outage from a summer storm and were without power for 5 days while many in the county waited over 2 weeks for restored power.  It was not pleasant.  No gas for a few days, stores were not open, and no banking.  We are planning to have generators installed that automatically turn on in an outage.  Since we have natural gas, generator back-up should be easy to keep running. 

When I walked into our health care district that cares for the needy if there is ever a break down this country is in big trouble... we already have generators for the gas station ...we already have our hurricane supply closet in case of emergency....but we do a poor job of caring for the needy.

Sherryh said:
...but we do a poor job of caring for the needy.

Truly needy people would have better care if the government would stop creating a dependent class with hand-outs (taken from the employed.)  We should care for the needy, help them through tough times, and get the government out of the way so businesses can thrive.  Thriving businesses employ lots of people. 

I figure I'll be in the first wave of casualties.  I'm not physically strong, have little to no survival skills, and don't move fast enough to be considered "mobile".  My son, on the other hand, could do quite well.  He'd try to protect me, but I'd just slow him down.  Better that he leave me behind and think of his own survival.  That would be OK.  I know where I'm going... 

Ah, my friend, you are too kind!  I really appreciate it! 

You could be right...I might have a skill I'm not assigning value to...such as being a voice of reason.  I'm pretty good at puzzling things out.

aleshanee said:
has anyone seen the discovery channel show doomsday castle?..... the first thing that came to mind when i saw that was a quote from george s patton...

"fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man... anything built by man, can be destroyed by him"

everything i ever read about apocalyptic scenarios said that mobility and the ability to move quickly taking all you needed for survival with you was life..... those bound to one place or trying to defend a piece of ground or stash of supplies would eventually be overwhelmed and destroyed......

but what would you do if something like the end time event, that family is preparing for, actually happened in america?..... not necessarily a Biblical tribulation, but a total breakdown in society and a failure of civil authority here in america..... maybe even worldwide..... .....  if something like that happened here....and you and your family were suddenly forced to depend entirely on yourselves for survival... with no hope of help coming from anyone else..... what would your plan be?...... ... have you thought about it?.......

I hope I'm not sounding to super-spiritual :) but if the bottom falls out, and the creek rises, and all 7734 breaks loose then all we can do is trust the God's Word:
"Ps 37:25I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread"

and claim It's promises Matt 6:25-34

I try to take a verse as it is written, so I think David is saying that in his lifetime he had not seen the righteous forsaken.  He adds that he had not seen "his seed" (is that the descendants of the righteous?) begging bread. 

aleshanee said:
JrChurch said:
I try to take a verse as it is written, so I think David is saying that in his lifetime he had not seen the righteous forsaken.  He adds that he had not seen "his seed" (is that the descendants of the righteous?) begging bread.

i tend to see it the way you do too..... especially in light of what Jesus said about lazarus dying at the rich mans gate.......  but all too often i see people taking psalm 37;25 to mean that no child of God... (or righteous person) anywhere.. ever begs or goes hungry.... and they use it to either shame those who are hungry and begging... or use it to excuse themselves from a duty to help them...... and in that regard it;s a scripture that gets often abused.... not unlike mark 14;7... "for ye have the poor with you always..... " ....... they often overlook what comes next.... "and whensoever ye will ye may do them good" ......... instead they take it as "why help the poor at all because no matter what you do they will always be here..".....

i think many of them will be very surprised if something like an end times event or economic catastrophe happens and some of those "poor" actually end up fairing better through it all than they do..........

aleshanee, that is very well stated.  It's easy to look past the poor, for sundry reasons...but there may (will!) come a day when the rich will look to the poor to teach them how to survive...

aleshanee said:

but what would you do if something like the end time event, that family is preparing for, actually happened in america?..... not necessarily a Biblical tribulation, but a total breakdown in society and a failure of civil authority here in america..... maybe even worldwide..... .....  if something like that happened here....and you and your family were suddenly forced to depend entirely on yourselves for survival... with no hope of help coming from anyone else..... what would your plan be?...... ... have you thought about it?.......
Yes I have a plan, no I can't share it, as the same people who will be hunting believers are monitoring communications now.

Yes, it revolves around mobility.

Yes I have a sparsely populated area in mind.

No, it won't do any good to build a bunker, when Jesus told us to run.

No, I'm not heading out until I have to.
Anishinaabe

what do you think Trumps wall is for? its to keep Americans in when the mark of the beast comes about ... why do you think its called the third world? ... first world was before Noah's flood, second world is our current world but after the US gets nuked ... 'make bright the arrows' Jeremiah 50-51 ... America is the last babylon/daughter of babylon Eng land ... then the northern hemisphere will be full of radiation due to the trade winds, so the third world will be south, Mexico and south america and Africa and the land down under.  Jeremiah says the US will be nuked and left desolate, no wonder so many people are converting busses to mini homes, etc.