A little help from my "friends"

Bob H

Elect
Reaction score
Raymond Brown wrote three commentaries in the "Bible Speaks Today" series: The Message of Hebrews, The message of Numbers and Deuteronomy. BTW, they are most excellent. He was a former principal at Spurgeon's college and a baptist preacher. There is also a Raymond E. Brown who wrote many books who is a Roman Catholic. Two different dudes. I need NO info on the latter. Does anyone have any information on the life on the first one mentioned. ...thanks

I was able to do a little bit of surface digging. I could reasonably suspect you were able to do as much yourself, but if not--

Raymond Brown was indeed the principal of Spurgeon's College from 1973-86, per the college's Wikipedia page.

He was a member of the Commonwealth Oversight Committee that oversaw the British English edition of the NKJV.

Per InterVarsity Press, he actually authored eight volumes in the BST series, not just the three you listed. (By my count, that's the same number as John Stott contributed.) IVP also listed some other books by him, but I couldn't find anything out about them.

I forgot about the Nehemiah book. It's again a most excellent book. I recommend them all. I looked and couldn't find much about him. Some of the book sites consider them one and the same.