A Story of Three Brothers

Jo

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Three small brothers sat under the West Texas sky one night long ago.

They marveled at the stars and wondered where they would be in the year 2000.

The youngest brother, a Methodist minister, told the story of his two older brothers that same year, as the family sat at his oldest brother’s gravesite.

Their father was a baker in a small town. Their mother took care of the children and the house. They had no way of knowing that their oldest would become a well-respected physician in a large city or that their middle son would become an attorney with almost perfect recall.

The third became a Methodist minister who was loved by his congregation and his family.

In the year 2000, I was among a small group of family members who sat at the gravesite of the oldest. It is a moment in time that I will never forget.

I love West Texas. I loved their stories. I loved their family.

They were the salt, the seasoning, and the preservative.

I remember as a kid thinking about what things would be like in 2000. I was just sure we'd be flying around in spaceship cars like George Jetson. 😂 Frankly, I'd like to return the 2020's for a refund.

This is the intro to what could prove to be an interesting story..

• TRUTH!
Reactions: Jo
I remember as a kid thinking about what things would be like in 2000. I was just sure we'd be flying around in spaceship cars like George Jetson. 😂 Frankly, I'd like to return the 2020's for a refund.

This is the intro to what could prove to be an interesting story..

I think of the Jetson's musical theme often....."his boy, Elroy. Daughter, Judy......" Remember when they talked on a phone, and they could see each other?!!!

I think of the Jetson's musical theme often....."his boy, Elroy. Daughter, Judy......" Remember when they talked on a phone, and they could see each other?!!!
Yup. We have that technology now... But do you notice all of their computer monitors are the old CRT tubes!?

Then an aide on my bus answers her phone which is on her wrist watch! I looked at her and held my wrist up and started the old "Dick Tracy calling Joe Jitsu... Come in please!" She looked at me and had no idea what I was talking about! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Jo
Yup. We have that technology now... But do you notice all of their computer monitors are the old CRT tubes!?

Then an aide on my bus answers her phone which is on her wrist watch! I looked at her and held my wrist up and started the old "Dick Tracy calling Joe Jitsu... Come in please!" She looked at me and had no idea what I was talking about! 😂
The two way wrist TV