Abortion, We Are Against It

If you lived in a state that currently allows abortion on demand, would you support a law that restricts abortion except in cases of rape/incest or in cases where the life of the mother was in danger? I think too many pro-lifers are in the "all-or-nothing" crowd. I would support legislation that abolishes abortions except in those cases because that would at least eliminate most abortions. After several years pass and they see that those cases are miniscule, people would be more willing to accept a law that prevents abortions even in the cases of rape/incest. It was huge mistake for states to propose such all-or-nothing laws/constitutional amendments after Roe-v-Wade was overturned. We need to take steps to get there.
I appreciate where you are coming from. As recently as a couple weeks ago, that would have been my thoughts but as I mulled it over, I have come to the conclusion that because R/I constitute such a miniscule number of pregnancies, the big impact it's having on the debate could only come from the abortion lobby foisting it onto the pro life camp.

If I were a member of a legislative body forming policy, I would insist that the exception clause be accompanied with the provision that a full report of a crime committed be on file with law enforcement and that a full investigation be in process as is fitting for such an allegation before the abortion is allowed to take place. Put that into place and watch the sparks fly. I'd probably insist on this in order to let the abortion lobby show their true colors.

BTW, I reside in Washington State. There's an abortion mill in Pullman. From what I've heard, business has been booming for them since Idaho banned abortions.

I live where I can stand on my porch and look across the Snake River at Idaho.

Last edited:
I appreciate where you are coming from. As recently as a couple weeks ago, that would have been my thoughts but as I mulled it over, I have come to the conclusion that because R/I constitute such a miniscule number of pregnancies, the big impact it's having on the debate could only come from the abortion lobby foisting it onto the pro life camp.

If I were a member of a legislative body forming policy, I would insist that the exception clause be accompanied with the provision that a full report of a crime committed be on file with law enforcement and that a full investigation be in process as is fitting for such an allegation before the abortion is allowed to take place. Put that into place and watch the sparks fly. I'd probably insist on this in order to let the abortion lobby show their true colors.
The counterpoint will be that you are adding insult to injury by forcing her to take something so private into the public eye. From my perspective they are saying that the actual crime is overruled by the results of the crime.

The counterpoint will be that you are adding insult to injury by forcing her to take something so private into the public eye. From my perspective they are saying that the actual crime is overruled by the results of the crime.
My counterpoint to their counterpoint would be, "Oh, so you believe that some cases of rape should not be reported?"

I work for a school district. I attend a church. I am qualified as a youth worker in my ministry. I know all about mandatory reporting. Therefore, those who would answer "yes" to my question would find themselves climbing a tough hill.

Last edited:
If you lived in a state that currently allows abortion on demand, would you support a law that restricts abortion except in cases of rape/incest or in cases where the life of the mother was in danger?

If I was a lawmaker, I would support any just law that resulted in fewer abortions than the previous law. I don't support rape or incest exceptions on general principle, but if they made the difference between some restriction and no restriction, then I'll tolerate them.

And then I'll work toward passing the next piece of legislation that outlaws even more abortions.

I did. I'm afraid I don't grasp what that has to do with this thread, however.
It was not meant to ’attack you’ necessarily but to respond to your correct comment about Trump’s abortion statement and Sub’s political expediency remark in the first post here.