After having read thru the previous website...

CindiLouHooInVA

Elect
Reaction score
Just a thot.  I'm old and wise (well, old anyway) so bend your ear.  Pensacola is my hometown, and I spent 10 years at PCS/PCC  beginning in the early 70's.  One thing that I noticed as a middle/high school kid was the turnover of staff, especially after the college started.  Yea, there are a host of viable complaints/concerns, but one thing that came from what may have been trying times for those teachers was  the Christian school movement - spreading like only the Holy Spirit can do -  across the entire country!  Teachers had been "tried by fire" and were no doubt a great resource to the fortunate school that employed them next. So perhaps what was meant for evil (not really but YKWIM) was used for God's good and glory?

Simple logistics is a factor as well.  A continual flow of Education majors allowed newer teachers to replace the experienced teachers who were interested in moving back to their states or the states where their spouses were offered employment.

Agree.  I feel rather sorry for the students now, in that they don't have the diverse backgrounds of their educators that we had back in the day.  Many teachers came from BJU, but there were also many other colleges represented.  (The northern accents and word pronunciations were always a treat!)  Now I hear that so many of the teachers are PCC grads.  They may be well educated, but having such a high percentage of Eagles sounds... what's the word?  All I can think of is "boring," but it's much more than that.

The current students and grads I know seem to be pleased with the school, but that should be the case at any college where students choose to attend. 

CindiLouHooInVA said:
Just a thot.  I'm old and wise (well, old anyway) so bend your ear.  Pensacola is my hometown, and I spent 10 years at PCS/PCC  beginning in the early 70's.  One thing that I noticed as a middle/high school kid was the turnover of staff, especially after the college started. 

One reason could be that they couldn't afford to live on the wages they made. PCC had strict rules against other employment while you were working for PCC.