Alumni Question :

Saved by Grace

Elect
Reaction score
Is getting your transcripts worth it ?

Do they actually matter?

Know of a guy that went and requested his a couple years ago bc he thought they were shutting down shop back then. He seemed to think they were important. am i missing something.

Saved by Grace said:

Do they actually matter?

Know of a guy that went and requested his a couple years ago bc he thought they were shutting down shop back then. He seemed to think they were important. am i missing something.
If you're wanting those classes to count towards a future degree whether it's in a public college or another Bible College then they would come in handy otherwise you'll have to start all over again.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Saved by Grace said:

Do they actually matter?

Definitely go pay the small fee and get an official copy of your transcript immediately.  Before they move on down the road and it is too late.

Now as to the value of it, I do not believe there is much.  I know of several who tried to get other colleges to transfer even one credit from OBC and they hit a stone wall.  BUu I do know of one who was able to use a couple of the credit hours towards General Electives in a small private college. 

But do get a copy for your records!!!!!  You paid a large price to get it.

Just me said:
Saved by Grace said:

Do they actually matter?

Definitely go pay the small fee and get an official copy of your transcript immediately.  Before they move on down the road and it is too late.

Now as to the value of it, I do not believe there is much.  I know of several who tried to get other colleges to transfer even one credit from OBC and they hit a stone wall.  BUu I do know of one who was able to use a couple of the credit hours towards General Electives in a small private college. 

But do get a copy for your records!!!!!  You paid a large price to get it.

Good advice!

OBC alums Justin Geiss and John Magas remained loyal to IFB after leaving the Vineyards but had to get degrees from an accredited university. Now that they have "real" degrees with their "OBC Diploma" they now work in the "real world" and still attend IFB churches faithfully proving Tony Hutson's point that you can attend an accredited college and still be loyal to the pack.

Havnt heard of either one of the so im not sure how they matter to this thread

Yes, some seminaries that are accredited will accept your diploma.

Luther Rice Seminary
Maranatha Baptist University
Pensacola Christian College
Bob Jones University

Two are regionally accredited (MBU and BJU) which is good accreditation.

OBC alums Justin Geiss and John Magas remained loyal to IFB after leaving the Vineyards but had to get degrees from an accredited university. Now that they have "real" degrees with their "OBC Diploma" they now work in the "real world" and still attend IFB churches faithfully proving Tony Hutson's point that you can attend an accredited college and still be loyal to the pack.

They remained loyal yet could hold jobs in the real world. They left the Vineyards but are still IFB.

My parents left WHBC with an outstanding bill at WSBS, so I never got a transcript.  I dont exist for 4 yrs.  Luckily, I got out before high school so it didnt affect my college prep.

OBC Alumni update:

THE Jesse Jackson: World Famous Bodybuilder and a Social Justice Warrior who worships Joe Biden

Caleb Garraway: World Famous Evangelist and Pulling America!

Michael Shaver: Fine Evangelist. Had dreams of preaching in Iceland but plans where put on hold.

Tatiyana Rupe: Left and is now liberal and a pretty good singer.

Joel McCarty: Seeker Sensitive Liberal Hipster Megachurch pastor that worships George Floyd and Jacob Blake plus his mentors are Carl Lentz/Steven Furtick/Craig Groeschell/Perry Noble/Matt Chandler/Loui Giglio/John Piper and any "Woke" anti-American pastor who worships Biden.

Tony Keeton: Preaching Rocky Top Tennessee still loyal to IFB (has toned his stance on how his people dress etc). He's disappointed in Jesse Jackson (Stone) not for becoming a world class bodybuilder but for leaving the IFB movement but they share a mutual disdain for Tom Vineyard. Tony also isn't proud of Joel McCarty becoming a liberal megachurch pastor.