AMENs Gone Wild

Tom Brennan said:
Randy Posey and I used to sit in the back of Church Ed and shout 'Commode, Preacher. Toilet like it is!'

...from a distance, you can't tell it from 'C'mon Preacher. Tell it like it is!'

;)

Classic Church Ed.  This is the quality material we really learned.  I wonder why so many grads didn't have a clue about how to pastor and run a church?

Tom Brennan said:
One of my particularly favorite tactics was to direct a certain part of the sermon exactly to the recipient I thought appropriate i.e. while Bro. John was ripping about not staying out late enough on Saturday you just insert a quiet, 'That's right, Bro. Mark'...

:)

Which is like unto the practice of simply hollering out someone's name in the service.

i.e.: "You lazy workers that come back to the college on Saturday night before 8:00pm just to have dinner with your date - you're as liberal as Liberty!"

"TO-O-O-M BRENNAN!"

It is important to drag out the first name and quickly blurt out the last name to perform this AMEN Gone Wild correctly.

Skin the cat!

Not an amen really, but ----

When the room got real quiet after a speaker came out and relieved some applause- "That's my bus captain!" or "That's my Sunday School teacher!" When I look back at saying both of those as a grown married man - I am sorely embarrassed. :(