An atheist who did not waste his life...

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Our favorite church in Southeast Michigan. This man is the real deal

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/community/brighton/2018/01/05/brighton-pastor-atheist-turned-evangelical-steps-down-after-40-year-career/1008014001/

Now waiting for the forum nutjobs to tell us how misguided this man was.

Twisted said:

The "nutjobs" are those who are under the delusion that the fact that someone "claims" to have been an atheist but is now a believer, somehow exonerates their misguided position.  As for me, I am here to bring a little light to this darkness of ignorance.

Route_70 said:
... bring a little light to this darkness of ignorance.

Atheists should avoid using biblical metaphors.

FSSL said:
Atheists should avoid using biblical metaphors.

A biblical metaphor is a "figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable."

In other words, it is a bunch of hooey.

English is very difficult for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted said:

You actually believe that 2 pinguins waddled all the way from Anartica to the Middle East to board a boat built by a 500 year old man.  And apparently you believe that species that only reside in one area of the world disembarked from this boat with the other 7 MILLION or so species that were on the boat, built by the 500 year old man, and made a trek, to their destination, picking up their dead's bones on the way as not to leave a trace of their migration from the Middle East. And you call US "nutjobs"!

You believe that a heavenly jewish baby who is also his own father, was born of a virgin who was impregnated basically by himself and was dead for 3 days so that he could go to heaven and then make you live forever if you tell him you accept him as your lord and savior, cleansing you of the evil force that is present in eveybody because they inherited it, just not in their blood. And they inherited this  evilness because an immoral woman, made from a man's rib, was hoodwinked by a talking snake possessed by a bad angel to secretly eat forbidden fruit from a magical tree. And you call US "nutjobs"!

You believe that the world was populated from one single incestuous family - TWICE - and you call US "nutjobs"!

You think that we HATE someone we don't even think exists; and you call US "nutjobs"!

It is wise to question things that make NO sense and it is NUTTY to accept as fact, things that make NO sense because some writer thousands of years ago said they were true. JUST COMPLETE BONKERS!

As far as "wasting" one's life, It's just NUTTY to believe that the BILLION Muslims and the BILLION Hindus and the BILLION non believers in China - all have wasted their lives because they don't believe in Yahweh.

Gringo said:
Twisted said:

You actually believe that 2 pinguins waddled all the way from Anartica to the Middle East to board a boat built by a 500 year old man.  And apparently you believe that species that only reside in one area of the world disembarked from this boat with the other 7 MILLION or so species that were on the boat, built by the 500 year old man, and made a trek, to their destination, picking up their dead's bones on the way as not to leave a trace of their migration from the Middle East. And you call US "nutjobs"!

You believe that a heavenly jewish baby who is also his own father, was born of a virgin who was impregnated basically by himself and was dead for 3 days so that he could go to heaven and then make you live forever if you tell him you accept him as your lord and savior, cleansing you of the evil force that is present in eveybody because they inherited it, just not in their blood. And they inherited this  evilness because an immoral woman, made from a man's rib, was hoodwinked by a talking snake possessed by a bad angel to secretly eat forbidden fruit from a magical tree. And you call US "nutjobs"!

You believe that the world was populated from one single incestuous family - TWICE - and you call US "nutjobs"!

You think that we HATE someone we don't even think exists; and you call US "nutjobs"!

It is wise to question things that make NO sense and it is NUTTY to accept as fact, things that make NO sense because some writer thousands of years ago said they were true. JUST COMPLETE BONKERS!

As far as "wasting" one's life, It's just NUTTY to believe that the BILLION Muslims and the BILLION Hindus and the BILLION non believers in China - all have wasted their lives because they don't believe in Yahweh.

Does honey draw flies?

As if we are to believe that we came from monkeys.

The gospel of Christ is foolishness to those who are perishing.

FSSL said:
As if we are to believe that we came from monkeys.

The gospel of Christ is foolishness to those who are perishing.

The reason I don't believe the things you do is because it IS foolishness - to me JUST AS some of the things scientists say SUCH AS us coming from monkeys. The TRUTH is I don't know and neither does anyone else just how we came about. But I don't think it was from KoKo the monkey. One does not have to believe in the jewish god to reject foolishness from scientists as well as theists.  Read my signature.

And you are right, the Bible does say that there would be those that found it foolish and the writer was wise. He knew that there would be many folks who could just not believe those things and so he got the first punch in by saying that we WOULD find it foolish.  And we do: the talking pigs and all the rest. But I think Route 70 did a good job in showing that, according to the Bible, at worst: we  just won't live anymore. We are not going to burn in a lake of fire.

I don't think I'm a "nutjob".

I think that it is very wise to suspect that this wonderful universe and our glorious species, along with all the rest - did not just happen; that there is someone or some group behind it. But I think it is even wiser - at this point in history - to say: "I don't know" just who and how.

Because I don't. Neither do you.

Just because you don't know does not mean we don't.

I do know. We have an amazingly preserved historical record as to the Creation record.

Foolish things make the "wise of this world" stumble. They end up saying they don't know when down, deep, inside, they do. They just don't want to admit it. Admitting that God IS and has demands on one's life is hard for most to accept. So, they stumble and come up with absurd, absolutes and profundities to make it appear that they have the corner on the truth while they say "I don't know."

FSSL said:
We have an amazingly preserved historical record as to the Creation record.
6a00e5503379c68834014e86451eb7970d-pi

You have no historical record. In fact, with your denial that Jews exist, historical evidence means nothing to you.

FSSL said:
Just because you don't know does not mean we don't.

No. You don't know. Neither do the Muslims or the Hindus or anyone else. No. You don't know

I do know. We have an amazingly preserved historical record as to the Creation record.

So did many other cultures. Their gods told them so. PuhLeez.

Foolish things make the "wise of this world" stumble. They end up saying they don't know when down, deep, inside, they do. They just don't want to admit it. Admitting that God IS and has demands on one's life is hard for most to accept. So, they stumble and come up with absurd, absolutes and profundities to make it appear that they have the corner on the truth while they say "I don't know."

I've never said God doesn't exist. I only say that I have never seen him. I have never heard his voice. I have never embraced him. I have never had a two-way conversation with him. I wouldn't know him and his attributes for certain. Neither do you. Neither does the Muslim cleric. Neither did the people that called him Zeus. And on. And on. My refusal to be dogmatic about things that can't be proven does not mean that I am in rebellion to God - whoever he is.

On a lighter note, BAMA is going to win tomorrow. THAT, i'm sure of.

You never saw George Washington, either. So, you probably don't know that he was, either.

Your claim to "not know" does not trump God's claim that we "all know."

Gringo said:

Yep! I am still not sure why they were able to go on, not having won their Division... but, oh well.

FSSL said:
Gringo said:

Yep! I am still not sure why they were able to go on, not having won their Division... but, oh well.

Roll Tide!

Just as with religion, I'm torn. I have lived here in Georgia for 18 years and all my friends are routing for the Dawgs. But I feel like I should be loyal to my family and my birth state and say "Roll Tide"

:)

FSSL said:
Our favorite church in Southeast Michigan. This man is the real deal

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/community/brighton/2018/01/05/brighton-pastor-atheist-turned-evangelical-steps-down-after-40-year-career/1008014001/

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

:)

One of the more interesting statements in the article is "His former atheism helps him to be more effective because he is not irritated by unbelief or skepticism because he he understands those feelings".

Not an attribute (understanding) that we tend to practice on the forum ;)