Andersonville Theological Seminary

ObadiahHaidabo

Elect
Reaction score
Any Andersonville students or alumni here?

I recently enrolled and am just starting on the initial set of courses towards my Bachelor's of Theology, with an eye towards an eventual M Th or M Div.

I'm definitely not a traditional student - I'm 50 and not planning a career change, so this is for personal knowledge and also with an eye to preaching or teaching after I retire.  I looked at many, many schools but couldn't see spending $350/hour for courses.  A lot of Master's programs are $30K+  and there's no way I could spend that. 

I went to a Big 10 school for my BA years ago, and while Andersonville is not at their level academically, there is pretty significant work for each course.  Ultimately what I'm looking for is an intensive on the Bible and a solid grounding in doctrine.

I did enjoy the first assignment in both the intro OT and NT classes: read the whole Bible  :D  A good Bible college shouldn't expect anything less.

ObadiahHaidabo said:
Any Andersonville students or alumni here?

I recently enrolled and am just starting on the initial set of courses towards my Bachelor's of Theology, with an eye towards an eventual M Th or M Div.

I'm definitely not a traditional student - I'm 50 and not planning a career change, so this is for personal knowledge and also with an eye to preaching or teaching after I retire.  I looked at many, many schools but couldn't see spending $350/hour for courses.  A lot of Master's programs are $30K+  and there's no way I could spend that. 

I went to a Big 10 school for my BA years ago, and while Andersonville is not at their level academically, there is pretty significant work for each course.  Ultimately what I'm looking for is an intensive on the Bible and a solid grounding in doctrine.

I did enjoy the first assignment in both the intro OT and NT classes: read the whole Bible  :D  A good Bible college shouldn't expect anything less.
Looks like a great school!

I graduated with an Associate of Biblical Studies and Bachelor of Theology from Andersonville. There were some courses that were easy and some that were hard. I probably got called to my church partially as a result of having a degree there and just enrolled for my Master's at Louisiana Baptist. Only bad things I can say is that they are KJV only and I am not but I knew that going in and while Liberty and Luther Rice used to take undergrad degrees from there for entry into their Master's program, they no longer do (Thus why I am going to LBU.)  Also they talked about getting accredited but recently backed out of doing that. In your situation though, its probably a good route to take. God Bless!