Another One Gets Honest

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to say - are you claiming that all Christian rock singers, if honest, don't believe in God?

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to say - are you claiming that all Christian rock singers, if honest, don't believe in God?
That's a fair question.

No, not singers per se, but popular "Christians" who have "come out" as no longer being "Christian". We've seen many do this lately.

tmjbog

Registered
Reaction score
That's a fair question.

No, not singers per se, but popular "Christians" who have "come out" as no longer being "Christian". We've seen many do this lately.
I don't know for sure but my speculation has always been that some involved in Christian pop music are marginal in their faith to begin with but it's an easier genre to get into than real pop music.

Twisted

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but my speculation has always been that some involved in Christian pop music are marginal in their faith to begin with but it's an easier genre to get into than real pop music.
My first thought was Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad. He did some gospel later in life. I have no idea if he is sincere, but it "appeared to me" that he only started doing gospel when things were slow in rock n' roll.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a fair question.

I guess I don't follow 'pop star Christians'... wasn't aware that many had done this.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's my opinion as well, but that may be grossly unfair to them.

Walt

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
If he was truthful that he did not enjoy going to church, reading the Bible, praying to God, or worshipping God... he didn't (apparently) say "any more" -- implies that he never enjoyed these things, than I would say that is the testimony of someone who made a false profession and was never really born again.

I can understand a believer growing cold in these areas, but to never have enjoyed any of them?

Tarheel Baptist

Doctor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess I don't follow 'pop star Christians'... wasn't aware that many had done this.
Walt your reasonable questions expose Twister’s false narrative and illustrate his M.O. as a drive by Poster on the fff.
And I’m sure Pastor Schaap was outraged at the hypocrisy when he read Twisters link.