Any pre-tribbers here?

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'd love to do a formal debate on pre-trib vs. pre-wrath. 
 

prophet

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
6,699
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Put your bait out at the HAC forum, you'll be entertained for days.  They all think they are gettin rescued before the dung hits the fan.

Anishinaabe

 

prophet

Active member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Dec 14, 2012
Messages
6,699
Reaction score
4
Points
38
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'd love to do a formal debate on pre-trib vs. pre-wrath.
I'll jump in and debate the KJVO, if you'd like, so you can be free to cover everyone else.  You know they will jump ship if you step out of the ring.
The AV  is clearly prewrath. 
Just offering my services...

Anishinaabe

 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'd love to do a formal debate on pre-trib vs. pre-wrath.
Any takers yet?
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'd love to do a formal debate on pre-trib vs. pre-wrath.
Any takers yet?
Surely there are some pre-tribbers here.  It is probably the most popular reading of the end-times today.  It has even been put into book and movie form several times.  It is the preferred interpretation of the Bible by the renowned Dwight Pentecost in his book "Things to Come", which I'm pretty sure is a common college textbook (I think it was when I read it, anyway). 
 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
Well, I am pretrib (I haven't read Pentecost), but since I already engaged in a formal debate, I'd rather someone else take up the cause :D

If no one else does, I will certainly do it. Let's give this another week.
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FSSL said:
Well, I am pretrib (I haven't read Pentecost), but since I already engaged in a formal debate, I'd rather someone else take up the cause :D

If no one else does, I will certainly do it. Let's give this another week.
Pentecost's book is a good book.  It's very thick and thorough and I learned a lot from it.  He covers pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib, and therein lies his problem, IMO.  He never considered pre-wrath.  But of the three other possibilities, he logically concluded that pre-trib had the best support, mostly because mid-trib and post-trib would destroy the notion that we can't know the hour or day of his return. 

 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
The Rogue Tomato said:
Pentecost's book is a good book.  It's very thick and thorough and I learned a lot from it.  He covers pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib, and therein lies his problem, IMO.  He never considered pre-wrath.  But of the three other possibilities, he logically concluded that pre-trib had the best support, mostly because mid-trib and post-trib would destroy the notion that we can't know the hour or day of his return.
Pre-Wrath was a development by Rosenthal in 1990. Pentecost's book was published in 1958.

Do you subscribe to Rosenthal's theory?
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
Pentecost's book is a good book.  It's very thick and thorough and I learned a lot from it.  He covers pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib, and therein lies his problem, IMO.  He never considered pre-wrath.  But of the three other possibilities, he logically concluded that pre-trib had the best support, mostly because mid-trib and post-trib would destroy the notion that we can't know the hour or day of his return.
Pre-Wrath was a development by Rosenthal in 1990. Pentecost's book was published in 1958.
Well, that explains why he didn't cover it.. but not why he didn't discover it. ;)

FSSL said:
Do you subscribe to Rosenthal's theory?
Yes, or most of it.  I read it once when it first came out, but not since then.  But I came to my conclusions before I read the book.  The only new thing I learned from his book was the likely identity of the restrainer. 

EDIT: Oh, and I got the name "pre-wrath" from the book.  I didn't know what to call it when I came to my conclusions. 
 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
The Rogue Tomato said:
Well, that explains why he didn't cover it.. but not why he didn't discover it. ;)
MidTrib kind of covers it. I know there is a slight technical difference, but pre-wrath is just a midtrib with a slight adjustment.
 
C

christundivided

Guest
How about you take pre-wrath and I'll take all the rest?

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath. I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.
 

rsc2a

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
7,797
Reaction score
0
Points
0
[quote author=christundivided]I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows. [/quote]

Just because the only certainty we have is that Jesus is coming back, that doesn't mean people should stay away from Revelation, at least any more than they should stay away from Leviticus, Job, Micah, or John.
 
C

christundivided

Guest
rsc2a said:
[quote author=christundivided]I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.
Just because the only certainty we have is that Jesus is coming back, that doesn't mean people should stay away from Revelation, at least any more than they should stay away from Leviticus, Job, Micah, or John.
[/quote]

Hey, I would enjoy a canonical discussion on The Book of Revelation. Care to debate it? I promise I'll be kind. :)

I'm trying to turn over a new "leaf" and be a better communicator.  8)
 

T-Bone

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
3,769
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
61
admin said:
christundivided said:
How about you take pre-wrath and I'll take all the rest?

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath.
One day you will be! Lol
Yep!  ;)
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
christundivided said:
How about you take pre-wrath and I'll take all the rest?

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath. I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.
I'd rather debate a real pre-tribber, though, who believes in what he/she's defending.
 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
C'mon pre-trib people! This is a cake walk! :p
[the covenant brethren shake their head and think the admin has lost it all!]

Someone step up and defend the faith against a Rogue Tomato!
 
C

christundivided

Guest
admin said:
christundivided said:
How about you take pre-wrath and I'll take all the rest?

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath.
One day you will be! Lol
I've heard THAT.... before. You've gone all fundamental on me.. :)
 

FSSL

Well-known member
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
6,995
Reaction score
63
Points
48
christundivided said:
I've heard THAT.... before. You've gone all fundamental on me.. :)
LOL!

BTW: you just gave me mental fodder for a new thread!
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FSSL said:
christundivided said:
I've heard THAT.... before. You've gone all fundamental on me.. :)
LOL!

BTW: you just gave me mental fodder for a new thread!
I'm a mental fodder.  I'm married to a mental mudder. 
 

The Rogue Tomato

New member
Doctor
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5,279
Reaction score
0
Points
0
admin said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'm a mental fodder.
Are you my fodder?
I don't know.  Are you mental?  Dingy? 

Unsubstantiated Trivia:  The Cantonese expression for "crazy" is "dingyeh".  I wonder if that's where we got our word "dingy" for crazy?

 
Top