Any pre-tribbers here?

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I'd love to do a formal debate on pre-trib vs. pre-wrath. 

Put your bait out at the HAC forum, you'll be entertained for days.  They all think they are gettin rescued before the dung hits the fan.

Anishinaabe

The Rogue Tomato said:
I'll jump in and debate the KJVO, if you'd like, so you can be free to cover everyone else.  You know they will jump ship if you step out of the ring.
The AV  is clearly prewrath. 
Just offering my services...

Anishinaabe

FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Any takers yet?

Surely there are some pre-tribbers here.  It is probably the most popular reading of the end-times today.  It has even been put into book and movie form several times.  It is the preferred interpretation of the Bible by the renowned Dwight Pentecost in his book "Things to Come", which I'm pretty sure is a common college textbook (I think it was when I read it, anyway). 

Well, I am pretrib (I haven't read Pentecost), but since I already engaged in a formal debate, I'd rather someone else take up the cause :D

If no one else does, I will certainly do it. Let's give this another week.

FSSL said:
Well, I am pretrib (I haven't read Pentecost), but since I already engaged in a formal debate, I'd rather someone else take up the cause :D

If no one else does, I will certainly do it. Let's give this another week.

Pentecost's book is a good book.  It's very thick and thorough and I learned a lot from it.  He covers pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib, and therein lies his problem, IMO.  He never considered pre-wrath.  But of the three other possibilities, he logically concluded that pre-trib had the best support, mostly because mid-trib and post-trib would destroy the notion that we can't know the hour or day of his return. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Pentecost's book is a good book.  It's very thick and thorough and I learned a lot from it.  He covers pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib, and therein lies his problem, IMO.  He never considered pre-wrath.  But of the three other possibilities, he logically concluded that pre-trib had the best support, mostly because mid-trib and post-trib would destroy the notion that we can't know the hour or day of his return.

Pre-Wrath was a development by Rosenthal in 1990. Pentecost's book was published in 1958.

Do you subscribe to Rosenthal's theory?

FSSL said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

Pre-Wrath was a development by Rosenthal in 1990. Pentecost's book was published in 1958.

Well, that explains why he didn't cover it.. but not why he didn't discover it. ;)

FSSL said:
Do you subscribe to Rosenthal's theory?

Yes, or most of it.  I read it once when it first came out, but not since then.  But I came to my conclusions before I read the book.  The only new thing I learned from his book was the likely identity of the restrainer. 

EDIT: Oh, and I got the name "pre-wrath" from the book.  I didn't know what to call it when I came to my conclusions. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
Well, that explains why he didn't cover it.. but not why he didn't discover it. ;)

MidTrib kind of covers it. I know there is a slight technical difference, but pre-wrath is just a midtrib with a slight adjustment.

How about you take pre-wrath and I'll take all the rest?

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath. I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.

[quote author=christundivided]I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows. [/quote]

Just because the only certainty we have is that Jesus is coming back, that doesn't mean people should stay away from Revelation, at least any more than they should stay away from Leviticus, Job, Micah, or John.

rsc2a said:
[quote author=christundivided]I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.

Just because the only certainty we have is that Jesus is coming back, that doesn't mean people should stay away from Revelation, at least any more than they should stay away from Leviticus, Job, Micah, or John.
[/quote]

Hey, I would enjoy a canonical discussion on The Book of Revelation. Care to debate it? I promise I'll be kind. :)

I'm trying to turn over a new "leaf" and be a better communicator.  8)

admin said:
christundivided said:

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath.

One day you will be! Lol

Yep!  ;)

christundivided said:

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath. I firmly believe most people should stay away from the Book of Revelation. I can say for certain that I believe Jesus is coming. When..... no one knows. How it plays out in this present age, who knows.

I'd rather debate a real pre-tribber, though, who believes in what he/she's defending.

C'mon pre-trib people! This is a cake walk! :p
[the covenant brethren shake their head and think the admin has lost it all!]

Someone step up and defend the faith against a Rogue Tomato!

admin said:
christundivided said:

I'm really not pre-trib, post-tribe or pre-wrath.

One day you will be! Lol

I've heard THAT.... before. You've gone all fundamental on me.. :)

christundivided said:

LOL!

BTW: you just gave me mental fodder for a new thread!

FSSL said:
christundivided said:

LOL!

BTW: you just gave me mental fodder for a new thread!

I'm a mental fodder.  I'm married to a mental mudder. 

admin said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
I'm a mental fodder.

Are you my fodder?

I don't know.  Are you mental?  Dingy? 

Unsubstantiated Trivia:  The Cantonese expression for "crazy" is "dingyeh".  I wonder if that's where we got our word "dingy" for crazy?