Anyone against Christmas?

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
With a few agnostics and atheists running around, lately... just interested in knowing how deep the unbelief runs!

FSSL said:
With a few agnostics and atheists running around, lately... just interested in knowing how deep the unbelief runs!

I have no problem with Christmas.  No different from Halloween.

No problems with Christmas. It too is rooted in paganism but no longer attached to it so I have no issue with celebrating Christmas.

I never lied to ALAYboy about a fat guy in a red suit giving him free stuff.  I told him the truth.  A different fat guy who was his dad was his benefactor.  :D

Smellin Coffee said:
No problems with Christmas. It too is rooted in paganism but no longer attached to it so I have no issue with celebrating Christmas.

You know who else likes Christmas? Trump.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:

You know who else likes Christmas? Trump.

I'm happy for him.

Smellin Coffee said:
I'm happy for him.

Let the record show that Smellin Coffee just admitted he is happy for an admitted sexual predator, while condemning the same in others.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
I'm happy for him.

Let the record show that Smellin Coffee just admitted he is happy for an admitted sexual predator, while condemning the same in others.

:D

You're on a roll today.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
I'm happy for him.

Yep. But being happy for him about a holiday is not deciding to put him in a political position where he can prey on others.

Smellin Coffee said:
But being happy for him about a holiday is not deciding to put him in a political position where he can prey on others.

Let the record show that Smelin thinks Christmas is a special occasion, so the sex predator gets a free pass.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
But being happy for him about a holiday is not deciding to put him in a political position where he can prey on others.

Let the record show that Smelin thinks Christmas is a special occasion, so the sex predator gets a free pass.

That would make a lot of Evangelical pastors/youth leaders happy. :)

FSSL said:

I'm not against Christmas. Just because I am not convinced of theological things doesn't mean you aren't. And I am very happy for you to celebrate Christmas as Christ's birthday.

And,

Merry Christmas.    :)

Route_70 said:
FSSL said:

I have no problem with Christmas.  No different from Halloween.

Well, other than 31 Oct = 25 Dec, I would think they are quite different in their purpose.

(thanks to Isaac Asimov for the fact that 31 oct is 25 dec)

Smellin Coffee said:

Ditto.

The early Christians seemed to celebrate Jesus' resurrection more than His birth, but I don't mind it.