Anyone else doing their taxes this weekend?

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
I am. Goodness! 150 pages of bank statements!
Plowing through all of my expenses to write off all the profits I made...

... on your generous clicks here on the FFF! Lol

FSSL said:

Heh... I did mine a few weeks ago...

I still need to do mine, and I should get something back. Not difficult though. I file a 1040EZ online using Turbo Tax, only takes a few minutes.

Yep. Been putting it off for two reasons. One is that I'm lazy and two, because any refund I may get will go to my ex for back child support I racked up while I was unemployed for a prolonged period of time.

Izdaari said:
I still need to do mine, and I should get something back. Not difficult though. I file a 1040EZ online using Turbo Tax, only takes a few minutes.

I always get money BACK . . . .until this year,

At my job, I earn points for signing up for hotel guests for our chain's rewards program. This year, I earned ALOT of points and I got a tax statement from my hotel chain telling me that, although those points weren't actual money, I had to claim it on my taxes as money - almost 1300.00 dollars.

If I don't have insurance, I will be penalized a large fee. So I have Osama Care which gave me a reduced premium.

But at H & R Block, they told me that because of those points I earned, I was being penalized anyway and that I owed BACK to Osama over 600.00.

Can't win for losing.

FSSL said:

Waiting until tomorrow night and then filling for an extension. Its not so fun when you actually have to pay out! :-\

aleshanee said:
HeDied4U said:

Yep. Been putting it off for two reasons. One is that I'm lazy and two, because any refund I may get will go to my ex for back child support I racked up while I was unemployed for a prolonged period of time.

you know what that means!....  ???........

....... you are on the no fly list.......  :eek:........

good thing you have a bicycle........  ;)

Well, I was able to board a plane and fly out to Seattle this past November when my sister sent me a ticket so I could go visit her, so the TSA must have looked the other way.

:)

Whew, done and filed. Not that I'm going to get much, or any, of it back, but it is what it is. I've fulfilled my obligation to Uncle Sam for another year. Next year I will not wait until the last minute.

:)

HeDied4U said:
....Next year I will not wait until the last minute.

Taxes are a pain! I always put them off to the last minute.

However, I found a cool app for my iPhone which enables me to catergorize all expenses. Hopefully that will save me a few hours next year!

I got $2,000 back less than last year :(