Anyone else watching 11.22.63?

The Rogue Tomato

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
It's a Hulu original, based on a book by Stephen King.  Normally I don't like King's books.  He's an excellent writer, but halfway through his books he always seems to take the plot places I don't want it to go, and not in a good way. 

So far, the series is pretty good, though.  I'm in the middle of episode 3 now.  The basic plot (no spoiler) is James Franco goes back in time to prevent the assassination of JFK, but the past somehow magically tends to push back and prevent him from making changes.  He manages to make SOME changes so far.  So the story has established that he CAN change the past, even in significant ways.  But he has to fight the past when it resists change.

Warnings: There is a brief strip bar scene and some profanity, but no nudity.  Nothing nearly as bad as the filth you see on Family Guy, which seems to be the preferred entertainment around here, but if you like Family Guy, nothing in 11.22.63 should offend you. 

I also recommend "The Man in the High Castle", a series on Amazon Prime.  It's based on a Philip K. Dick story (he wrote the story that Blade Runner was based on).  It drags a but, but IMO the ending is excellent. 

No. But I'm on the wait list for that book from the library and currently simultaneously watching/reading Under the Dome.