avoiding adultry

B

brotherrich

Men, I am a Christian straight widower. Please pray for me.
In order to keep away from temptation I no longer log on to ANY dating sites. I have found a lot of women are either not real Christians or are looking for sex. I have a lady friend and we are very platonic . I would never even think of trying any thing with her because she is a good Christian woman. My plight is , even though I remain pure in my life I still long for the good times when my wife and I would have sexual relations. I have been dwelling on that aspect of my life. Guys I doubt if I'll ever cave in, but the urges are as strong as ever. God will keep me out of temptation (as well as myself) any ideas?

Carry a picture of Nancy Pelosi in your wallet and pull it out each time you're tempted.  ;)

If that doesn't work, try Helen Thomas.

Seriously, it's very difficult to find a good Christian woman.  I'll keep it in prayer.

EDIT: I met my wife on blossoms.com (Cherry Blossoms).  If you find a Christian woman in a non-tourist (not westernized) city in China, there's a very good chance she's a real devoted Christian woman. 

Two reasons:  The non-westernized cities are generally populated with traditional-values women rather than "liberated" women.  And it's not easy being a Christian in China, so chances are good you've got an authentic Christian. 

Avoid Beijing and Shanghai most of all, but there are other westernized cities. 

If you do try Cherry Blossoms and look for women in China, I'd also advise you to stay away from those who have photoshopped professional photos.  It's not because you're likely to be disappointed when you meet her for real -- it's because if they went to that kind of trouble to attract someone, they're probably not the kind of woman you're looking for.  My wife posted a normal picture of herself, which was one of the reasons I contacted her. 

admin said:
It is better to marry than to burn
I would if only she would say yes, I have proposed and asked her but she so far has said no. Please don't tell me to move on , it's a matter of waiting on God's timing .

brotherrich said:
I would if only she would say yes, I have proposed and asked her but she so far has said no. Please don't tell me to move on , it's a matter of waiting on God's timing .

Well then... praying for you! I don't take these matters lightly.

thanks for the prayers . I am reading a good book by Dr. Jim Binney titled The Ministry of Marriage it is very helpful. God knows what he is doing . I am sure I am doing the right thing she came into my life for a reason.

Thought this sort-of on-topic pic might crack a smile...

1391813_10153336360890377_359000477_n.jpg

very funny but, sadly true in a lot of marriages.
fornication, or adultery either it is still the same type of activity.
I have learned a lot about love, marriage and life over the past 4 years.
At this time I am waiting on God's timing he sees and knows all..
It's the self (mine) that is having the problem.
by the way I am 69 years old.

brotherrich said:
very funny but, sadly true in a lot of marriages.
fornication, or adultery either it is still the same type of activity.
I have learned a lot about love, marriage and life over the past 4 years.
At this time I am waiting on God's timing he sees and knows all..
It's the self (mine) that is having the problem.
by the way I am 69 years old.
As Brother Hyles always used to say, just because I've got snow on the roof, doesn't mean that I don't have fire in the oven!
I'll pray for you my friend.

I'll be praying for you.  I'm 62 and if my current "needs" are any indicator, I don't think I'll care about sex when I'm 69.  A warm hug, a few kisses every day, and a warm body in my bed & I'm good.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Carry a picture of Nancy Pelosi in your wallet and pull it out each time you're tempted.  ;)

If that doesn't work, try Helen Thomas.

Seriously, it's very difficult to find a good Christian woman.  I'll keep it in prayer.

EDIT: I met my wife on blossoms.com (Cherry Blossoms).  If you find a Christian woman in a non-tourist (not westernized) city in China, there's a very good chance she's a real devoted Christian woman. 

Two reasons:  The non-westernized cities are generally populated with traditional-values women rather than "liberated" women.  And it's not easy being a Christian in China, so chances are good you've got an authentic Christian. 

Avoid Beijing and Shanghai most of all, but there are other westernized cities. 

If you do try Cherry Blossoms and look for women in China, I'd also advise you to stay away from those who have photoshopped professional photos.  It's not because you're likely to be disappointed when you meet her for real -- it's because if they went to that kind of trouble to attract someone, they're probably not the kind of woman you're looking for.  My wife posted a normal picture of herself, which was one of the reasons I contacted her. 

"it's because if they went to that kind of trouble to attract someone, they're probably not the kind of woman you're looking for."

Thanks for the advice.

brotherrich said:
Men, I am a Christian straight widower. Please pray for me.
In order to keep away from temptation I no longer log on to ANY dating sites. I have found a lot of women are either not real Christians or are looking for sex. I have a lady friend and we are very platonic . I would never even think of trying any thing with her because she is a good Christian woman. My plight is , even though I remain pure in my life I still long for the good times when my wife and I would have sexual relations. I have been dwelling on that aspect of my life. Guys I doubt if I'll ever cave in, but the urges are as strong as ever. God will keep me out of temptation (as well as myself) any ideas?

brother!!!  you have the right to remarry....
find a good Christian woman and remarry and then you can have all the sexual relations you desire!!!!!  (just don't marry a woman for that reason.....find a woman you love)

I'm a 61 year oid Christian woman, but I'm not "good" in that sense, and don't share your values.
I  wish you luck in finding a compatible relationship.  :-*

IFB X-Files said:
Izdaari said:
I'm a 61 year oid Christian woman....

You look much, much younger in your picture, and you don't type (sound) like a 61 yr. old.

The pic is a Meez, and it wasn't easy to make. It looks like me when I was 25.
I think young I guess. I stay fit, and I listen to current music.

But I don't actually play the bass, and I don't have a mini-dragon (though both would be cool)..

Izdaari said:
IFB X-Files said:
Izdaari said:
I'm a 61 year oid Christian woman....

You look much, much younger in your picture, and you don't type (sound) like a 61 yr. old.

The pic is a Meez, and it wasn't easy to make. It looks like me when I was 25.
I think young I guess. I stay fit, and I listen to current music.

But I don't actually play the bass, and I don't have a mini-dragon (though both would be cool)..

not too late!  im 29 and I play the guitar....you still have time to learn...

and you really don't seem 61

Jim Vineyard: boys when you have dirty thoughts. Go to the bathroom stall and pull your pants down. then put your ^&*$ on the toilet and slam the lid on it .....that ll take care of dirty thoughts