Back to School

patriotic

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Anyone have children who are back in school yet?   

College? 

Grad School? 

I'm going back to school online.... 8)

Middle and high school classes for my 'at home' kids start today. The college classes for my other two start next Monday.

Sherryh said:
I'm going back to school online.... 8)

Awesome!! Good for you!!

Our home school started about two months ago.

My wife has it scheduled that they do three weeks on and one week off. And in the summer they take four or six weeks off, I forget. They like it and there is always a break to look forward to for them.

My wife does a great job!

What home school curriculum do you like?  We are primarily BJU online, with some Saxon, and personal thrown in.

With 5 kids, we've had at least 2 in college every year since 2005. Now my oldest son has a PhD in physics education and teaches at a college in Iowa. My second son has a Masters in secondary ed and teaches at a Christian high school in Michigan. My third is working on her Masters in nursing education online from Liberty, while helping teach in the nursing program at BJU. Today my fourth started the last year of her online Masters degree in Teaching English as a Second Language from Regents University. My youngest will be leaving in two days to go back to her senior year of an Elementary Education degree at Maranatha. It looks like this time of the year will always be a back to school time for my family, as the Lord has led every one of them back into the education profession, just like their parents. There is also the possibility that by this time next year we might be done with paying college tuition bills.

Lone Ranger said:
There is also the possibility that by this time next year we might be done with paying college tuition bills.

Didn't we just hear that your wife is pregnant with triplet's?

IFB X-Files said:
Lone Ranger said:
There is also the possibility that by this time next year we might be done with paying college tuition bills.

Not sure who you think I am, but even if my wife were pregnant with triplets you would not have heard about it. 

What's this with triplet's?  You surely didn't learn that from Mrs. Barber.

Lone Ranger said:
IFB X-Files said:
Lone Ranger said:

Not sure who you think I am, but even if my wife were pregnant with triplets you would not have heard about it. 

LOL!  I have no idea who you are.  Just havin' some fun.

IFB X-Files said:
Lone Ranger said:
IFB X-Files said:
Lone Ranger said:

LOL!  I have no idea who you are.  Just havin' some fun.

I can understand that.  I just wasn't sure that you didn't have me confused with someone else. 

As far as the 's goes, my job now is in QA, and those with whom I work call me Mr. English.  There are some corrections I just cannot resist.

Binaca Chugger said:
What home school curriculum do you like?  We are primarily BJU online, with some Saxon, and personal thrown in.

My wife uses Abeka, exclusively. She likes it and they stay two years ahead on the Standford Achievement Test. We test them every year.

Public school kids here started yesterday and my kids start Christian school next week.

Bruh, your wife is a smart lady....Abeka is the best I always added to the subject. Sadly the school I taught at changed their curriculum from Abeka not sure where they are now.

Sherryh said:
Bruh, your wife is a smart lady....Abeka is the best I always added to the subject. Sadly the school I taught at changed their curriculum from Abeka not sure where they are now.

Thanks! I'm proud of her, she works very hard to give our children a great education. She doesn't miss days she actually does a full 180 days, required by Louisiana State.

I could go on and on about her. :) God has been very good to me.

Bruh said:
Sherryh said:

Thanks! I'm proud of her, she works very hard to give our children a great education. She doesn't miss days she actually does a full 180 days, required by Louisiana State.

You married above your paygrade.

16KJV11 said:
Bruh said:
Sherryh said:

You married above your paygrade.

Yes!

My first grade granddaughter came home yesterday with a laptop computer for doing homework!  Times sure have changed! Your tax dollars at work! Etc. Etc!!