Bibleprotector: Why include translator's preface and not the marginal notes

Steven Avery said:
bgwilkinson said:
When one is foolish enough to say there are no mistakes or errors in the KJV it only takes one mistake or error  to blow up the presupposition.
That is simply the skeptic's argument against the perfection of the Bible, applied by you to the AV.

Maybe skeptics say this, but it's true, even if skeptics say it. Just because a skeptic says something does not make it wrong.

One exception falsifies the presupposition.

FSSL said:
You said notes are not good for a "usable" Bible.

No I didn't.

1. Notes are good.
2. Bibles are usable with or without notes.
3. There is no bearing on the goodness of a Bible if it has or hasn't got notes.

FSSL said:
That is why I asked why they render the Bible unusable.

Again, silly logic. The reality is that electronic texts generally do not have the notes because they do not work in simple text (e.g. ASCII) environments, because it is more complex to integrate notes with a database (e.g. in SQL).

FSSL said:
Why are the notes not added? You added the Preface.

The actual electronic text of the Bible is just a plain text without preface or notes. Electronic copies can have one or both. Printed copies can have one or both.

subllibrm said:
All that aside, you do provide the preface but not the notes. The question was why?

A plain electronic text of the KJB is just the KJB from Genesis to Revelation without preface or notes. There is nothing sinister in that.

I would like to see a PCE KJB (e.g. a PDF) that had everything, even if it was just a scan of an existing one (I have plenty of copies I have collected over the years).

Prin.Ciples said:
He's just trying to ignore the question by taking issue with the word "usable". It really is sad how KJVOist act like little children.

You are reading in something which is not there. And your assessment is incorrect.

FSSL said:
Bibleprotector, have you left out the original margin notes because you think they may cause confusion with the reader?

Are you asking loaded, deceptive questions in order to promote a dishonest agenda?

bgwilkinson said:
Steven Avery said:
bgwilkinson said:
When one is foolish enough to say there are no mistakes or errors in the KJV it only takes one mistake or error  to blow up the presupposition.
That is simply the skeptic's argument against the perfection of the Bible, applied by you to the AV.

Maybe skeptics say this, but it's true, even if skeptics say it. Just because a skeptic says something does not make it wrong.

"The love of money is the root of all evil." - 1 Timothy 6:10, King Jimmy Edition ;)

Steven Avery said:
FSSL said:
Bibleprotector, have you left out the original margin notes because you think they may cause confusion with the reader?
My understanding it that the PCE margin notes would not be the original margin notes, they would be from the time of the PCE received text.

The PCE margin notes are almost identical to the 1769 margin notes which are the developed form of the 1611 margin notes.

bibleprotector said:
Again, silly logic. The reality is that electronic texts generally do not have the notes because they do not work in simple text (e.g. ASCII) environments, because it is more complex to integrate notes with a database (e.g. in SQL).

That's fine. The reality is that you are stuck in 1980s technology. Electronic Bible texts (eg. Study Bibles) generally have the notes... going back to the 1990s.

Why not just say this at the beginning?

bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:

Are you asking loaded, deceptive questions in order to promote a dishonest agenda?
Nope. KJVOs are typically agaInst the margin notes (e.g. Grady). Since you were holding off an answer, I wondered if you agreed with Grady. I don't ask loaded questions. I ask questions that honestly seek root issues.

FSSL said:
That's fine. The reality is that you are stuck in 1980s technology. Electronic Bible texts (eg. Study Bibles) generally have the notes... going back to the 1990s.

Why not just say this at the beginning?

You were the one beginning with a bias and misinterpreting from the outset.

Notes are available on other sites. I supply plain text for such programmers and publishers.

FSSL said:
bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:

Nope. KJVOs are typically agaInst the margin notes (e.g. Grady). Since you were holding off an answer, I wondered if you agreed with Grady. I don't ask loaded questions. I ask questions that honestly seek root issues.

I have been very clear in saying that I do not support the idea of deliberately suppressing the existence of margin notes. I read KJB copies with them in there. I know they are mainly variant translations, and the cross references are quite useful.

bibleprotector said:
You were the one beginning with a bias and misinterpreting from the outset.

Thanks! I had no idea :)

bgwilkinson said:
So your argument is really against the perfection of the Bible.

Steven Avery said:
bgwilkinson said:
So your argument is really against the perfection of the Bible.

I am not making any comment about the intrinsic perfection of the scriptures, that is not in view here.

My comment is about KJVO false presuppositions and that skeptics are not always wrong.

bibleprotector said:
Notes are available on other sites. I supply plain text for such programmers and publishers.

Bibles are available on other sites as well, with notes. Why would anyone bother to make two stops when they can get all they need at one?

You should try being honest about your motives. This ain't our first rodeo - we've witnessed enough KJV nuts in action to know how they really feel about margin notes.

bgwilkinson said:
I am not making any comment about the intrinsic perfection of the scriptures, that is not in view here.

That is the key point.

The perfection of the scriptures is off your view and off your radar.

Your contending for the lack of perfection of the AV is simply a subset of your basic position,
and thus of no consequence.

Steven