BJU The Largest IFB School?

Jrock

Elect
Reaction score
I just did some research online, is BJU considered an IFB school? Are they the largest fundamentalist Christian school?

No, it is not.  Bob Jones was a Methodist, not a Baptist.  IFB stands for "Independent Fundamental BAPTIST" 

I believe many IFB pastors are BJU graduates. Even if they are not "IFB" they are still considered to be "Fundamentalist". Making them the largest fundamentalist school in America.

Jrock said:
I believe many IFB pastors are BJU graduates. Even if they are not "IFB" they are still considered to be "Fundamentalist". Making them the largest fundamentalist school in America.

You may be correct on that point.  I was answering your first question as to whether BJU was IFB.  Is BJU larger than Liberty U?

Having said that, I personally would not consider either school to be "fundamental" in the sense I use that word.  But that's up to each to determine.

I believe Liberty U is now SBC not IFB.

Well, I'm not even sure if they like the label "fundamentalist" anymore. They probably considered themselves to be conservtaive evangelicals.

Jrock said:
Well, I'm not even sure if they like the label "fundamentalist" anymore. They probably considered themselves to be conservtaive evangelicals.

Probably so..."who believe the fundamentals of he faith".

As to size, LU has about 15,000 on-campus students. BJU hasn't announced enrollment for several years but is believed to be less than 3,000.

Bob Jones University: the Methodist school where Baptists go to become Presbyterians.