Can you describe to me...

Citadel of Truth

Elect
Reaction score
...the type of person (people) who have stayed behind at WHBC and continue to support the pastor? What, if anything, will it take for their eyes to be opened?  ???

So there are number of ways to describe some...
Scared - It is all they have known for 20 or 30 years and the change scares them, also the dictatorship type leadership has scared them into thinking that if they leave their families will fall apart.

Ostrich - Some have simply stuck their head in the sand and even though they know there is something wrong have decided to continue and simply look the other way

Enablers - A few know that things needed to change but for whatever reason, probably because they have something on them, have enable the wrong.

I will say this. You don't hear much about anymore but people are still leaving. Hardly a week or month goes by now that someone isn't leaving you just don't hear about it as much now because the initial shock of the departures has now subsided some.

JustABigKid said:
Scared - It is all they have known for 20 or 30 years and the change scares them, also the dictatorship type leadership has scared them into thinking that if they leave their families will fall apart.
I would think that the testimony of the families that did leave would be enough to get those on the fence brave enough to step out. 

Ostrich - Some have simply stuck their head in the sand and even though they know there is something wrong have decided to continue and simply look the other way
Sadly, they'll pay for it in the lives of their children and grandchildren.

Enablers - A few know that things needed to change but for whatever reason, probably because they have something on them, have enable the wrong.
Surely the credibility of the leadership is a joke. Anything they say about anyone would be highly suspect. I'd take my chances and leave (I realize that easy for me to say living a half a nation away). 

I will say this. You don't hear much about anymore but people are still leaving. Hardly a week or month goes by now that someone isn't leaving you just don't hear about it as much now because the initial shock of the departures has now subsided some.
Any "good" people left, to your knowledge?

Citadel of Truth said:
JustABigKid said:
I would think that the testimony of the families that did leave would be enough to get those on the fence brave enough to step out. 

Sadly, they'll pay for it in the lives of their children and grandchildren.

Surely the credibility of the leadership is a joke. Anything they say about anyone would be highly suspect. I'd take my chances and leave (I realize that easy for me to say living a half a nation away). 

Any "good" people left, to your knowledge?

To respond to your statements:
1. You would think that all those leaving would help but if you have been at the same place for 30 years and have been taught that everyone who leaves is out of God's will it's not something that some come to easily. As mentioned though people are still leaving regularly.
2. Unfortunately this is probably true but hopefully their kids see through it and leave
3. This is true for those outside of the church. Those inside still believe leadership

Finally yes there are some good people still left but I believe that there will be within the next few weeks more of them leaving.

I know of a few that are still there as well for some personal reasons that has nothing to do with the church but is not really something to say here.