Can you hear the dueling banjos?....or dueling organs?

tobytyler

Elect
Reaction score
To the HACers of the 70's and 80's, there were two organists at FBC/HAC....Mrs Colsten handled the church organ duties
and Mrs Godfrey handled the college organ duties.  Now, both are 80 years old and still at the organ.

Dyer Baptist, where the Godfreys attend, recently started live streaming their services and Mrs Godfrey is their organist.
Last Sunday, at 10:40ish, I was on FBC's live stream to hear Mrs Colsten playing fast and furious....but still remarkably well
and very talented.  Then at 10:50ish, I switched to hear Mrs Godfrey on the Dyer Baptist live-stream.

Both ladies are still faithful to their churches, their pastors, their duties and their Lord.  Even with all of the changing taking place in styles of worship and music in today's churches, I enjoyed hearing these two ladies still presenting music faithfully in their services.
Both of their husbands are in poor health and both could've easily retired as church organist, but both have chosen to remain active in their churches' music ministries.

https://www.facebook.com/DyerBaptistChurch/

Both Johnnie and Elaine Colsten are great examples of faithfulness

WESLEY said:

Who else was there the night when Hyles gave them the deed to their house?

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:

What year was that?

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
WESLEY said:

What year was that?

I don't know.  In the 80's.