Can't stay away

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
Dave & Tina Douglass took a church in TN, bought this huge expensive home.  Apparently their membership didn't like it and voted them out.  Guess where they are - - back at FBC and on staff.  When will people learn that you can't outdo your membership like that!

Well word is that when they (SBC) church unfamiliar with IFBs and FBCH started reading the books about our former pastors they were aghast in horror that they might have a guy like that as pastor.

Still There said:
Dave & Tina Douglass took a church in TN, bought this huge expensive home.  Apparently their membership didn't like it and voted them out.  Guess where they are - - back at FBC and on staff.  When will people learn that you can't outdo your membership like that!
It was once oft said around FBCH that, "Big shots are just little shots who keep shooting."

But sometimes big shots are just big shots in their own way of thinking.

And no I don't know the person named in this thread.

Psssst...did ya hear?  Word is... ::)

Still There said:

Hate to tell you but expensive is kind of a moot point. If it was in Manhattan or LA it would be a bargain.

When was Douglas at HAC?

Twisted said:
When was Douglas at HAC?

Early/mid 80s as student, I think.
Then was  City Baptist principal, I think, although I'm not certain I totally correct there. He did something  with bus kids. Brought a bunch up to a camp in Michigan where I was working back in late 80s.