church discipline

W

weaker-brother

Fairhaven (the church) appears to practice church discipline.  Last Sunday there were 6 young men and 1 girl kicked out of church, so I heard.
Some were church members and some just went to church there.
Also heard a bus captain, father of a boy--not part of the 6--lost his bus route over it too.

Anybody know what they did to be disciplined?

I heard there was some facebook posts involved , and at one point one person brought alcohol on the church property during a youth meeting.

Just wondering what the real story is, after hearing rumors.

weaker-brother said:
Fairhaven (the church) appears to practice church discipline.  Last Sunday there were 6 young men and 1 girl kicked out of church, so I heard.
Some were church members and some just went to church there.
Also heard a bus captain, father of a boy--not part of the 6--lost his bus route over it too.

Anybody know what they did to be disciplined?

I heard there was some facebook posts involved , and at one point one person brought alcohol on the church property during a youth meeting.

Just wondering what the real story is, after hearing rumors.
We practiced church discipline, when I was there.  Anyone living in open rebellion/ fornication, or scorn against the church  is voted out.  They sometimes attend,  and when they shew fruits of repentance, they are restored to fellowship.  Everyone who we voted out, was actively causing others to stumble, so if they would not receive correction, we withdrew fellowship, until they would.  I believe it is Biblically correct.  I won't speculate or gossip about the current situation, but you can believe it was for the best.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

And that is a good thing.
I posted about it because I think it shows a contrast to the "church gone wild" posts about out-of-control spanking and things like that.

weaker-brother said:
And that is a good thing.
I posted about it because I think it shows a contrast to the "church gone wild" posts about out-of-control spanking and things like that.
Thank You

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2