CNN Expose on Alleged Abuse at Fairhaven

We know people who endured this abuse.  They are serving God today.  So thankful that the lord brought them through

AmazedbyGrace said:
qwerty said:
Back to the Future......

Just properly documenting so that any potential student knows what they are getting into.

Does any one including those in IFB really want to go to Fairhaven? If you were an IFB young person and could only go to an IFB college in Indiana where would you want to go?

The only way to keep any one from going to Fairhaven would be to keep people from going to the church that runs this school or a church that only recommends this school and that would mean getting them into another church that is different in faith and practice even if only a little.

I didn't watch the video on CNN but I found this on huffingtonpost.com - it's testimonies of people from Fairhaven.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/25/video_n_978152.html

The CNN video was nothing new. The biggest thing it focused on was "breaking a child's will," and although from my few years in IFB churches, I saw mostly people who loved their children and would never abuse them, there are certainly abuses.  And I think it is good to expose them. Fairhaven seems to be fairly typical of those wacky kind of IFB places where the pastor speaks extemporaneously on subjects like that exposing his radical views.