Conference on the Family

IFB X-Files

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The year:  1982  (YES!!!  I actually know the YEAR this took place!  Day and month...well, I'm guessing the Spring Semester of '82.  I even remember the event and actually being there.) 

The place:  Cedar Lake Conference Grounds

The reason:  F Sunday School Conference on the Family

The speakers:  Les Smith, Roy Moffitt, George Godfrey 

Les Smith

Gods Family Rules.mp3

Roy Moffitt

Man With Woman - Gods Grace For His People.mp3

George Godfrey

The Family.mp3

For those wondering, yes, I did travel around with my Shure mic and trusty Marantz PMD portable cassette recorder (long since passed away - a really great piece of hardware).  I still do today but with a Focusrite USB interface and a laptop, or my Tascam DR-40 digital recorder.

The messages are very good and you might hear some names mentioned that you know.  Bro. Godfrey's message was especially memorial as it was...well...BLUNT!  I seem to remember a lot of blushing during that message.

Enjoy!

I lived across the lake and we loved the campgrounds...........we left for Florida in August 1983...we may have been working and missed your preaching!!

I visit the conference grounds daily, still a wonderful place and still doing a tremendous work for the Lord. I may post a couple pics next week.

My husband's brother and his family lived in a house that shared part of the fence around the conference grounds while they were in college. (Fall, 1988-spring 1992 or 1993)

We also rented a cabin on the grounds for Pastors' School week in 1996.