Coronavirus and closings, your thoughts?

That said, I've said a number of times since this all started, "How many people are going to be off church for a few weeks, and when this is over, decide 'you know, I really don't miss those idiots at church!' and just quit?"

Sounds like kind of a crappy church, if people are that ready to quit.

We just posted back-to-back podcasts to help everyone keep Christ at the center of their focus in these times of panic and uncertainty.

#14:

#15:

God bless, guys.

So the Rapture has taken place & we all missed it. TP shelves are empty because "....The Roll's Been Called Up Yonder." :giggle:

Our church in all likelihood will not survive this. The pastors are hoping the tithes keep coming in while the services are shut down, because that's the only way they will keep the doors open. At the same time, I run an outreach program for the poor and needy and I'm trying to look ahead in case our income drops. I've already informed my board treasurer that starting next month, I will be taking a pay cut as a precautionary measure since the churches being shut down, etc. precludes my visiting them, which brings my workload down.

That said, I've said a number of times since this all started, "How many people are going to be off church for a few weeks, and when this is over, decide 'you know, I really don't miss those idiots at church!' and just quit?"

The tithe? God destroyed the storehouse a long time ago.

Man has been trying to replace it with their OWN bank accounts ever since.

I've wondered why any church would want to discount the seriousness of this pandemic until now......I get it. Money.

Has there been a reluctance at IFB churches to encourage online giving? I know I have been donating online to the churches I have attended for over a decade. My gifts are automatically sent. This means unless I intervene the church gets funds whether I attend or not. I think most of the members of my current church give that way also.

Here in St. John Indiana, the public school.s are closed until May 1. Our Church is accessible online. I sorta like this anti-social society we have here. LOL

I wonder if the "cell group" model could help churches keep "connected" in this situation?

On a different note, Al Mohler just recently added a Podcast on Friday for how to remain faithful to the assembly in times like this. Good reading/listening.

A few SBC churches as well...
1584978866695.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the "cell group" model could help churches keep "connected" in this situation?

I guess it may have to, for a time. The other shoe dropped here in Ontario, with the government ordering all "non-essential" businesses closed (basically, anything not directly related to supplying the necessities of life, other important supplies[1], health services, or infrastructure. I guess church buildings don't count, because ours is officially closed, and the services will be recorded from the pastors' homes henceforth.

[1] Which apparently includes beer, liquor, and cannabis. *shrug*

I guess it may have to, for a time. The other shoe dropped here in Ontario, with the government ordering all "non-essential" businesses closed (basically, anything not directly related to supplying the necessities of life, other important supplies[1], health services, or infrastructure. I guess church buildings don't count, because ours is officially closed, and the services will be recorded from the pastors' homes henceforth.

[1] Which apparently includes beer, liquor, and cannabis. *shrug*
. ROFL, I literally started to post something about that cannabis situation earlier. Necessary indeed!

The tithe? God destroyed the storehouse a long time ago.

Man has been trying to replace it with their OWN bank accounts ever since.

I've wondered why any church would want to discount the seriousness of this pandemic until now......I get it. Money.

First, in our church we don't really use the strict definition of "tithe" as 10%.
Second, we are a very, very small congregation.

Sounds like kind of a crappy church, if people are that ready to quit.

Not talking specifically about the one I attend, more a statement in general. There are a lot of "crappy churches" out there...

I hope this is the accurate view of the situation. As more data comes in we can only hope that the powers-that-be reveal the truth of the data, and that it shows a similar mortality rate to seasonal flu, which is bad enough.