Current status?

Walt

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
So odd to see this forum empty; perhaps someone will post the current status.

Given all that's happened, I'm surprised that the college is still in business (or isn't it?)

This is probably old news, but my understanding is that Greg is now the pastor, not co-pastor, not sure about the college though.

Baptmack said:
This is probably old news, but my understanding is that Greg is now the pastor, not co-pastor, not sure about the college though.

Well, not that old -- according to their web site, Beginning in January of 2013, Dr. Tom Neal will be the Paster Emeritus for Berean Baptist Church. Through Tom Neal Ministries, he will be traveling to many churches and foreign countries to bring revival once again.

Why do we use such terminology?  As if a certain person's presence mandates a revival?  Really?

Binaca Chugger said:
Why do we use such terminology?  As if a certain person's presence mandates a revival?  Really?

Good question.  He has probably seen much of what is called "revival" and probably thinks that God will use him to bring it.

Binaca Chugger said:
I believe Tom and Greg can be used for revival, but in the sense that you change the wording of your quote. " As if a certain person's absence mandates revival". If Tom and Greg were gone that would be a huge step towards revival!

GuyfawkesV49 said:

I remember this story. I remember the video that was supplied on the internet never really showed anything concrete. The reports of the contents of the video before hand were off base from what I actually saw. Very crazy set of events indeed.  I know so me people who lived in the area at the time, so I heard quite a bit about this.

Yes, strange days indeed. 
422300_264069343701624_1328641180_n.jpg

Pathetic that Greg Neal continues to pastor, and be supported by the Sword of the Lord, and various evangelists.  Such people are an embarrassment to the names they name.

He moved on to another church in Las Vegas http://www.shadowhills.org/latest-news/the-hills-welcomes-mark-neal-family/.  Not sure of the reason why he left Oasis ..this is his explanation http://pastormarkneal.com/?p=310.  Here is twitter comments from an apparent unhappy follower of Marks.....Favorite
7:37 AM - 10 Nov 12 · Details

@MarkNeal1 :I hope that u r becoming GONE out of Las Vegas....it will be very hard for you to live here after all the damage you did.....

@MarkNeal1 : WOW...now you founded Oasis? Isn't Oasis 45+ years old-another lie-church planter? YEAH RIGHT.

@MarkNeal1 : betcha never thought you would loose the empire. Your lies will find you out and already have...

qwerty said:
Binaca Chugger said:
http://www.otrconference.com/speakers.html

I guess the Old Time Religion now includes blackmail, hidden cameras in changing rooms and other such perversions.

Well, I used to respect a couple of those guys.

Not many left in IFB circle anymore.

Exactly.  So much for defending the faith - they are defending their traditions and will join with anyone who proclaims the same traditions.  They refuse to build their ministry through discipleship as Christ commanded.  Rather, they build their ministry by promoting the concept of a war, circling the wagons and beating their chest with the "us against them" mentality.

This whole situation is just so incredibly sad & tragic on SO MANY DIFFERENT LEVELS.