Darrell Moore making transition to east coast

While I really don't know Moore very well, he has seen many things while at HAC and FBC:  The sins of David Hyles, and at the least he saw the changes in Dr. Hyles and what he allowed to go on in 1989, then Jack Schaap.  So my question is why is he still on staff?  Who could trust a man like that?

IFB X-Files said:
While I really don't know Moore very well, he has seen many things while at HAC and FBC:  The sins of David Hyles, and at the least he saw the changes in Dr. Hyles and what he allowed to go on in 1989, then Jack Schaap.  So my question is why is he still on staff?  Who could trust a man like that?

I agree and even if it may not be a question of complete trust you would still have to question anything from any of these guys.

When our friend Doug Kalapp passed away Darrell Moore was put in a situation he didn't ask for but took the work .....I'm wondering how the mission work has survived?

Here's a question,...

If he is going to live on the east coast he can he remain a member of FBC, a Midwestern church? I thought we were local church people???

Bravo said:
Here's a question,...

If he is going to live on the east coast he can he remain a member of FBC, a Midwestern church? I thought we were local church people???

Bravo, that's the first thing I thought when I heard him say that too.  If they're going to live - have a residence, presumably with that mailing address, etc. - then isn't that where they should find a local church to join and attend and tithe at while they're not traveling? 

I guess I grew up in more of a TRUE, local church oriented teaching. 

patriotic said:
Bravo said:
Here's a question,...

Bravo, that's the first thing I thought when I heard him say that too.  If they're going to live - have a residence, presumably with that mailing address, etc. - then isn't that where they should find a local church to join and attend and tithe at while they're not traveling? 

I guess I grew up in more of a TRUE, local church oriented teaching.
I '3rd' that, patriotic.  I just shook my head.  Bro.Moore was the one person I looked to for leadership, when Scrapp went crazy, and he was quieter then a church mouse.  So I guess 'local church' has a new definition...'pay check  church'. 
  Of course, I've always wondered how a missionary's 'sending church' has any say so in his ministry.  I mean, show me that one in The Acts of the Apostles. 
  I thought those you 'assemble' with made up the 'local church'.  So, if you assemble with them 6 times a year, you have fulfilled the requirements?  Ok.  I'm  gonna move in with another woman, but I will visit my wife once a month, cuz after all, we are a family.  She can cook for me, on that visit, so we can eat together.  It's for my health, ya know.

Anishinabe

This is a political move.  You have to look at these things as to how they will impact the denomination, yes, the NADD.

Only a few people know the real reason the Moores are moving and I am not one of them.  Whatever it is, they want to present the idea that nothing is wrong.  DM is happy with JW and JW is happy with DM.  Make believe position with a big title and maybe even a paycheck.  He is going to be an evangelist and represent the college.  Many evangelists live in a trailer or the like and only attend their home church a few times each year.  The real goal is to prevent people from assuming that one is upset with the other.  A united front.

His wife, Janet Moore, wrote the absolute meanest letter in support of Jack Schaap including [paraphrased because I am too lazy to look it up] "We taught our daughters better than to go around seducing men three time their age." I wonder if now, after the support letters were publicly available and after the prosecution released the overwhelming evidence showing how JS manipulated this girl, if all of that didn't contribute to the Moores getting out of Dodge.

If not, it should.

Disclaimer: I don't know either of them.

Janet Moore is no relation to Darrell Moore. Janet Moore's letter was one of the most reprehensible things I've ever read. But she is not DM's wife nor is she at all related.

Darrell Moore did have to issue a parting shot, in true form. Last Sunday night, Pastor Wilkerson had DM introduce a missions video. When DM got the microphone, he said, with venom and derision dripping from his voice, "Since so many of you refuse to ever take a missions trip, we are going to show a video of one of the works..." (tuned him out after that...)

How many of your mission trips have you personally paid for, DM? And how hard was it to get the time off "work" to go on the trips? Hmmm?

myeyesareopen said:
Janet Moore is no relation to Darrell Moore. Janet Moore's letter was one of the most reprehensible things I've ever read. But she is not DM's wife nor is she at all related.

Thanks for clearing up my misconception.

I do wonder if letters like her's influenced the judge in a negative way contributing to his decision to tack on more time.

myeyesareopen said:
Darrell Moore did have to issue a parting shot, in true form. Last Sunday night, Pastor Wilkerson had DM introduce a missions video. When DM got the microphone, he said, with venom and derision dripping from his voice, "Since so many of you refuse to ever take a missions trip, we are going to show a video of one of the works..." (tuned him out after that...)

How many of your mission trips have you personally paid for, DM? And how hard was it to get the time off "work" to go on the trips? Hmmm?

This is exactly right and my thoughts also. These trips are very expensive. Anyone who wants to take one has to have a lot of money or they at least have to be totally committed to the missions program because they will probably forgo a trip with their own families.  DM has never had to pay for any and I have always wondered how many of the staff men get a free ride when they go.

I had hopes for the new pastor, but since he is approving this, I have little faith that FBCH will be able to change.  This is in direct opposition to what he said in the question and answer session when he was a candidate where he was going to continue with the current ministries abroad, but was going to focus on "Jerusalem" first, then "Judea and Samaria" while quoting Acts 1:8.  The church (Jerusalem) in in shambles and he is paying a man to sit out on the East coast.  Again, if the church leadership, especially the deacons and the new pastor, held its many "pastors" and "Bible teachers" accountable this would not be an issue.  Lapina, Moore, and the lot of them should have all ready been directed to the door; hate to say such a thing because I know all those men personally and have many wonderful memories as co-laborers, but when it comes down to it, they chose to stay, get paid, and remain with someone that perverted the scriptures.

qwerty, do you think it takes time to see how the ministry there functions? I'm not making excuses for these decisions do you think the pastor or deacons are making them? I hope that makes sense. But that is a big engine to learn how to drive the first few weeks .....I'm hoping for the best...but he had better surround himself with men of God not yes boys.............

Sherryh said:
qwerty, do you think it takes time to see how the ministry there functions? I'm not making excuses for these decisions do you think the pastor or deacons are making them? I hope that makes sense. But that is a big engine to learn how to drive the first few weeks .....I'm hoping for the best...but he had better surround himself with men of God not yes boys.............

I agree, but it is bigger than it should be, and I was actually encouraged when Wilkerson made the statement about caring for things locally first.  The regional president is a weird direction to go since the college never had one, and the enrollment is lower than ever, just does not seem fiscally responsible.  If the deacons (who are also the board of directors of the college) are not going to get a spine and start asking questions, I wonder what the future will hold for the place.

Personally, he should shake things up.  Status quo for the past 10 years got them 12 years in prison and those who facilitated that mess still remain.

I imagine it's all a bit political to take over a place like this and even if you feel people have to go you have to do it slowly because you never know who's attached to those people you know the size of this place I think makes every decision a political one, right or wrong I think that's the way it is.

I still hold out hope for new pastor I don't agree 100% with every little detail but I don't know of anybody that I do, he is much more people oriented a lot less of the elite type and much more about the people. I do have high hopes I hope it goes well.

Bravo said:
I imagine it's all a bit political to take over a place like this and even if you feel people have to go you have to do it slowly because you never know who's attached to those people you know the size of this place I think makes every decision a political one, right or wrong I think that's the way it is.

I still hold out hope for new pastor I don't agree 100% with every little detail but I don't know of anybody that I do, he is much more people oriented a lot less of the elite type and much more about the people. I do have high hopes I hope it goes well.

It is definitely a Pandora's box. I do hope that things can change and Christ glorified despite the way men have messed things up.  There are so many folks there that I think of and pray for often (you and your family included).  I know I can be harsh and I do not mean ill toward those that have remained and continued to raise their families there.  My opinions are sometimes a bit skewed since I worked there for so long.... God bless you.

I do not recall anything verifying he will still be paid by the church/college.  It really could be that he is resigning or being dismissed and this is a political way to accomplish the end result without upsetting any apple carts.