Darrell Moore making transition to east coast

Binaca Chugger said:
I do not recall anything verifying he will still be paid by the church/college.  It really could be that he is resigning or being dismissed and this is a political way to accomplish the end result without upsetting any apple carts.

I would think serving as vice-president of a college would be a paid position. There is nothing in Moore's video or in Wilkerson's letter that would indicate otherwise. It even goes out of the way to mention they will remain members of FBCH. Just very odd move if political.

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone briefly explain to me why Darrel Moore leaving is significant? Maybe give me a little background?

qwerty said:
I had hopes for the new pastor, but since he is approving this, I have little faith that FBCH will be able to change.  This is in direct opposition to what he said in the question and answer session when he was a candidate where he was going to continue with the current ministries abroad, but was going to focus on "Jerusalem" first, then "Judea and Samaria" while quoting Acts 1:8.  The church (Jerusalem) in in shambles and he is paying a man to sit out on the East coast.  Again, if the church leadership, especially the deacons and the new pastor, held its many "pastors" and "Bible teachers" accountable this would not be an issue.  Lapina, Moore, and the lot of them should have all ready been directed to the door; hate to say such a thing because I know all those men personally and have many wonderful memories as co-laborers, but when it comes down to it, they chose to stay, get paid, and remain with someone that perverted the scriptures.
I can't get past your last sentence.  Exactly because they chose to enable, I feel like they were dishonest with me, for the thirty years I have known them, and the years we all served together, especially.  I just can't get over the fact that these men looked me in the face every day, consciously aware of, and making an effort to conceal gross sin.
  I remember trying to get answers, and being arrogantly blown off, derided, or treated as if I was somehow inferior to the other assistant pastors (Maybe I was, since I was an unpaid assistant pastor...don't get me started on that).  I had committed to stay home from the mission field to train HAC missions students in a church planting setting for life.  I even saved the church well over a million dollars in contract work and getting various co.s to donate supplies.  Yet I was talked to like I wandered in off of the street, when I pointed out problems.  I wish that I could give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't...because not one of them ever offered me an explanation, letter, phone call...nada...  Then I find out that they sent people to the members of the Chapel I pastored, to tell them I had 'gone over seas as a missionary'  and that they should join another chapel (numbers) across town.  Just this winter I finally helped them reorganize, with a man that I discipled there leading them, thank God!  I really can't think the best of Moore any more...sadly.

Anishinabe

Baptist City Holdout said:
Bravo said:
I still hold out hope for new pastor I don't agree 100% with every little detail b

You vwill vwear a 100% button, and you vwill like it!
Alright you got me. You're right I am just waiting for the opportunity to break out my 100% button maybe a few little alterations on the face of it but otherwise I am set to go LOL

Okay. Now from what I heard today Darryl Moore is not 'transitioning' he is already 'transitioned'. Neighbors say his house has been sold and there are already new people living in it. From my understanding he is also working for a Nationwide roofing supplier in their east coast office which I think is in Virginia. It may be the same company that Bob Marshall is working for. It is my understanding that Bob will be leaving as soon as this school year is over. I am sure that there will be other 'transitions' in the near future.

BALAAM said:
Okay. Now from what I heard today Darryl Moore is not 'transitioning' he is already 'transitioned'. Neighbors say his house has been sold and there are already new people living in it. From my understanding he is also working for a Nationwide roofing supplier in their east coast office which I think is in Virginia. It may be the same company that Bob Marshall is working for. It is my understanding that Bob will be leaving as soon as this school year is over. I am sure that there will be other 'transitions' in the near future.

Hmmmmmm............

Maybe there is a house cleaning going on.  Or, maybe, people are getting out of Dodge.  I wonder which?

Binaca Chugger said:
BALAAM said:

Hmmmmmm............

Maybe there is a house cleaning going on.  Or, maybe, people are getting out of Dodge.  I wonder which?

I don't really know. DM made it sound like his health was an issue and he was under stress from his job. (join the club buddy) Most of his family has moved away. I'm not sure about the 2 girls so who knows?

It will be interesting to see how many missions trips he goes on if he is working a job and is on his own dime. And I am definitely not questioning his burden for foreign missions here. Just sayin. It is a different story to work a job and when vacation time rolls around you say, "Guess What Honey? For our two weeks we are going to Ghana to relax! By the way, have you had your malaria shots?"

prophet said:
qwerty said:
I had hopes for the new pastor, but since he is approving this, I have little faith that FBCH will be able to change.  This is in direct opposition to what he said in the question and answer session when he was a candidate where he was going to continue with the current ministries abroad, but was going to focus on "Jerusalem" first, then "Judea and Samaria" while quoting Acts 1:8.  The church (Jerusalem) in in shambles and he is paying a man to sit out on the East coast.  Again, if the church leadership, especially the deacons and the new pastor, held its many "pastors" and "Bible teachers" accountable this would not be an issue.  Lapina, Moore, and the lot of them should have all ready been directed to the door; hate to say such a thing because I know all those men personally and have many wonderful memories as co-laborers, but when it comes down to it, they chose to stay, get paid, and remain with someone that perverted the scriptures.
I can't get past your last sentence.  Exactly because they chose to enable, I feel like they were dishonest with me, for the thirty years I have known them, and the years we all served together, especially.  I just can't get over the fact that these men looked me in the face every day, consciously aware of, and making an effort to conceal gross sin.
  I remember trying to get answers, and being arrogantly blown off, derided, or treated as if I was somehow inferior to the other assistant pastors (Maybe I was, since I was an unpaid assistant pastor...don't get me started on that).  I had committed to stay home from the mission field to train HAC missions students in a church planting setting for life.  I even saved the church well over a million dollars in contract work and getting various co.s to donate supplies.  Yet I was talked to like I wandered in off of the street, when I pointed out problems.  I wish that I could give them the benefit of the doubt, but I can't...because not one of them ever offered me an explanation, letter, phone call...nada...  Then I find out that they sent people to the members of the Chapel I pastored, to tell them I had 'gone over seas as a missionary'  and that they should join another chapel (numbers) across town.  Just this winter I finally helped them reorganize, with a man that I discipled there leading them, thank God!  I really can't think the best of Moore any more...sadly.

Anishinabe

What is your drive to continue to serve the Lord and not be bitter? How do you handle these things?

Sherryh said:
prophet said:
qwerty said:

Anishinabe

What is your drive to continue to serve the Lord and not be bitter? How do you handle these things?
I was never following men.  I surrendered to God in a jail cell, with a KJB as my only friend.  I told the Lord 'lead on, from now on it's your show'.  He hasn't let me down, and He has always shown me why others fall...so 'lead on , Lord.'  I love Him.

Anishinabe

Which house are you talking about, on Anna St? He has had it on the market since last summer.  He may have ended up rented it out, he has other rental properties.

I talked with him last month, and it was still for sale then.

qwerty said:
Which house are you talking about, on Anna St? He has had it on the market since last summer.  He may have ended up rented it out, he has other rental properties.

I talked with him last month, and it was still for sale then.

Then maybe he still owns it and has it rented. The neighbors said that there are new people who have moved in.

Darryl's wife is Sandy and it was announced that his diabetes is really bad.  That's all we've been told, but I know they've been wanting to leave for a while.  Their kids are all grown and married and they're from out East, so why not?

Still There said:
Darryl's wife is Sandy and it was announced that his diabetes is really bad.  That's all we've been told, but I know they've been wanting to leave for a while.  Their kids are all grown and married and they're from out East, so why not?

All these years and I never knew he was diabetic. If blood circulation is a big problem for diabetics then I don't know how he was able to stand those lonnnngggggg plane rides to China and Africa.

That's one reason why he is leaving because of his diabetes.  The trips, the different countries, their food, weather, etc.  He couldn't keep his diabetes under control.  He's lost a lot of weight. 

Still There said:
That's one reason why he is leaving because of his diabetes.  The trips, the different countries, their food, weather, etc.  He couldn't keep his diabetes under control.  He's lost a lot of weight.

Umm........  I could be wrong here.  But.  Doesn't diabetes normally mean that you are overweight and have a difficult time losing weight?  How can he have a hard time keeping diabetes under control while he has lost alot of weight?

There is more than one type of diabetes, with different causal factors. 

In Type 1, the body's immune system destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.  Losing weight can actually be a symptom of high sugar levels.  Type 2 is most often caused by obesity and a lack of physical activity. 

This is just a very basic overview of the difference between these two common types.  I verified my info on webmd.

Depending upon Mr. Moore's type of diabetes, losing weight does not necessarily equate to his blood sugar levels being under better control...in fact, it can mean quite the opposite. 

lnf said:
There is more than one type of diabetes, with different causal factors. 

In Type 1, the body's immune system destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.  Losing weight can actually be a symptom of high sugar levels.  Type 2 is most often caused by obesity and a lack of physical activity. 

This is just a very basic overview of the difference between these two common types.  I verified my info on webmd.

Depending upon Mr. Moore's type of diabetes, losing weight does not necessarily equate to his blood sugar levels being under better control...in fact, it can mean quite the opposite.

I stand corrected.  I wonder if I can claim this as an excuse why I should not be dieting next time my wife stops me at the fridge? :-\

So sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Mr. Chugger, but no!

My mom has Type 2 diabetes.  She has a much easier time controlling her levels when she is actively eating right.  The problem is, she still craves the sweets, and  is severely overweight.  A couple of years ago, she lost 50 lbs and was doing quite well, but unfortunately, she was on Nutrisystem, which didn't actually teach her what a proportioned dinner plate looks like.  They made her mad, so she went off the diet, and promptly gained back the 50 lbs...and more.  Her sugar is more out of control than it ever was.

Listen to your wife.  Using the words of Mr. Spock, she wants you to live long and prosper.  ;D