Despite the craziness, I met some good people

WHBS survivor

Elect
Reaction score
I was just a middle school kid while my dad was at OBC.  It was hard times, as we had little and dad/mom worked hard for what we did get.  Through the four years of stupid, I met some people that I really believe where theirnto make a difference. 
A few teachers who loved the trade.  A Sunday school teacher who kept snotty deacon's kids from abusing the bus kids/preacher boy's kids.
A whole group of preacher boys who worked crap jobs at night just to fund spending their days bowing to jerks.  And just as many kind women who shined even under a tyrant's list of rules.
We left before my dad graduated, thus we're part of the shunned group, but I still cant help bit wonder where some of those people ended up.  Even some of kids I suffered through WHBS with....

Did you ever know of Jesse Jackson, Caleb Garraway, Michael Shaver, Joel McCarty?

WHBS survivor said:
I was just a middle school kid while my dad was at OBC.  It was hard times, as we had little and dad/mom worked hard for what we did get.  Through the four years of stupid, I met some people that I really believe where theirnto make a difference. 
A few teachers who loved the trade.  A Sunday school teacher who kept snotty deacon's kids from abusing the bus kids/preacher boy's kids.
A whole group of preacher boys who worked crap jobs at night just to fund spending their days bowing to jerks.  And just as many kind women who shined even under a tyrant's list of rules.
We left before my dad graduated, thus we're part of the shunned group, but I still cant help bit wonder where some of those people ended up.  Even some of kids I suffered through WHBS with....

Welcome!

I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of this; I'm glad that you met some good people there; I hope you have been strengthened by your experiences.

Nope. I was there '86 to '90
Then you missed the golden era 2005-2013. That period of time brought out some unique characters at OBC.

Caleb Garraway: World Famous Evangelist and he and his wife are IFB recording artists and have put out some good albums. He's "Pulling America"
Michael Shaver: Fine Evangelist and one of Tom Vineyard's protege's
Joel McCarty: Left the Vineyards to become a seeker sensitive liberal megachurch pastor. Joel's family had ties with OBC/Vineyards and he went liberal and he worships George Floyd, Critical Race Theory, and Joe Biden. He also studies under false teachers Carl Lentz, Steven Furtick, and Craig Groeschel.
THE Jesse Jackson (Stone): He quit on the Vineyards and is now a world class bodybuilder. He's also a worldly Christian and attends Elevation church and studies under false teacher Keith Craft. Also Jesse is a Biden supporter and Social Justice Warrior like the NBA and Joel McCarty. When Bob Ross (his grandfather) came under fire, he made Facebook videos saying "Don't Judge" defending Ross.