Did Jack Hyles actually go soul winning?

rsc2a said:
Binaca Chugger said:
rsc2a said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
As some have pointed out on the FFF, BKW remains a deacon and still doesn't know if his pastor's beliefs on important topics lines up with his.

If I only was involved in a church where I agree with the pastor on everything, I would have to be like rcs2a.
Huh?
Home church.  See, I ripped both Raider and you at the same time!  8)
I can pretty much guarantee that we have more diversity than the average church while maintaining orthodoxy.
A multi-ethnic family with high liturgy?  8)

Well, for example: an Orthodox/Anglican hybrid something, a moderate charismatic leaning Free E, an IFB former KJVo still very strongly KJVp, a mildly charismatic traditional Baptist, a sometime visiting Catholic, a mildly new age low church Anglican of sorts, a full on Charismatic, an evangelical with strong fundamentalist leanings, a....

And we all love and strive to follow Jesus, try to live as a family of faith united in purpose, are actively seeking ways to better love our neighbors and can affirm the major creeds without crossing our fingers.

An obedient to God church member is at a church because he believes it is where God has placed him and wants him to serve.  A believer should not go to a church because of the pastor nor leave a church because of the pastor.  He should congregate with the believers as we are instructed and do all he can to be a part of community there.  IF that believer is no longer being fed from the pulpit then if he is a mature believer he should begin to feed others.  Most mature growth occurs in the quiet still hours of time spent alone with God.  Some in joy but most growth in grief.  I attend church services because I love the people.  My service for them is for My Father for their benefit. 

There is only one reason to leave a church or join a church.  Because God told you to.  In all things prayer.  God's family is more important than any one man.

When I went to FBC as a child it was because it was where my family went to church.  However when I went to FBC as an adult it was directly as a result of seeing people serving God in ministry and my desire to join their band and serve along with them, God pricking my heart, removing past hurts and placing this desire within me.

TidesofTruth said:
An obedient to God church member is at a church because he believes it is where God has placed him and wants him to serve.  A believer should not go to a church because of the pastor nor leave a church because of the pastor.  He should congregate with the believers as we are instructed and do all he can to be a part of community there.  IF that believer is no longer being fed from the pulpit then if he is a mature believer he should begin to feed others.  Most mature growth occurs in the quiet still hours of time spent alone with God.  Some in joy but most growth in grief.  I attend church services because I love the people.  My service for them is for My Father for their benefit. 

There is only one reason to leave a church or join a church.  Because God told you to.  In all things prayer.  God's family is more important than any one man.

When I went to FBC as a child it was because it was where my family went to church.  However when I went to FBC as an adult it was directly as a result of seeing people serving God in ministry and my desire to join their band and serve along with them, God pricking my heart, removing past hurts and placing this desire within me.

You are right! I left fbch after 25 years not because of js but because when I got weary of his constant sex sermons I walked out when the invitation began and noticed all of the mind-numbed church memebers walking forward going to the altar! He was a pervert, I don't think anyone would dispute that, but he was also bordering on blasphemy when he said that in the book of John, when Jesus talked about I am in the Father and the Father is in me, was referrring to homosexual innuendos because that was what the people would understand. I have a very difficult time with that. I left, not because of his jack-assedness, but because of the people who would sit there and take that without batting an eyelash!

BALAAM said:
TidesofTruth said:

You are right! I left fbch after 25 years not because of js but because when I got weary of his constant sex sermons I walked out when the invitation began and noticed all of the mind-numbed church memebers walking forward going to the altar! He was a pervert, I don't think anyone would dispute that, but he was also bordering on blasphemy when he said that in the book of John, when Jesus talked about I am in the Father and the Father is in me, was referrring to homosexual innuendos because that was what the people would understand. I have a very difficult time with that. I left, not because of his jack-assedness, but because of the people who would sit there and take that without batting an eyelash!
Near the end, I asked people, out loud, during the service: "what are you amening?"

I couldn't believe it.

They looked hypnotized, like some Satanic spell was over them.

I started watching during the invitation, to see who went forward and why.  50% of them went every service.  Many of these people I knew  struggled, never realizing the victory that God has made available.  Yet they carried on as if their eventual Salvation was wrapped up in the ritual.

Mind numbed robots....you said it well.

Haklo