"Did Jepthah kill his daughter?"

Mr. Hall

Elect
Reaction score
A post from above.

Why didn't God intervene before the daughter was sacrificed as he did when Abraham was about to sacifice Isaac?

Jepthah had proved that he would keep his vow to God just as Abraham had proved that he would carry out God's command.

$

These were two completely different situations. 

In the case of Abraham, God told Abraham to make the sacrifice to prove the sincerity of his faith.

In the case of Jepthah, it was not God who told him to do this.

600 years later, God specifically told the children of Israel in the law that they were not to sacrifice their children, a part of the law Jepthah should have known.

God is not obligated to intervene in our foolish vows. 

Wisdoms Friend said:
These were two completely different situations. 

In the case of Abraham, God told Abraham to make the sacrifice to prove the sincerity of his faith.

In the case of Jepthah, it was not God who told him to do this.

600 years later, God specifically told the children of Israel in the law that they were not to sacrifice their children, a part of the law Jepthah should have known.

God is not obligated to intervene in our foolish vows.

Yup...nor is He required to answer Mr Hall's question where he thinks he has cornered the Lord...and here I thought the Pharisees had all died.

"cornered the Lord?"

I posed a reasonable question with no intention of cornering "the Lord" or anyone else.  And, I must admit, the answer I got was not bad, considering.

Have you been drinking?

$

Mr. Hall said:
"cornered the Lord?"

I posed a reasonable question with no intention of cornering "the Lord" or anyone else.  And, I must admit, the answer I got was not bad, considering.

Have you been drinking?

$

Yup...just finished a diet Dr Pepper.