Do all IFB churches follow this route?

Man without a country

Elect
Reaction score
See many of the IFB churches following the same program: Open a church, build a bigger building, run buses and show an increase in attendance, build a bigger building, start an academy, send the kids to an IFB school to get a "degree" that will only be recognized in an IFB academy, start a college and grant your own degrees, hire the grads to teach at the academy and college, give your friends honorary degrees. Somebody has to have real jobs to support this operation. I heard a preacher say "let the unsaved people do the jobs that require them to work on Sunday. That statement made from a climate controlled auditorium just before adjournment to go to the caf? for Sunday lunch. Thanks unsaved people for getting the power to the church and preparing Sunday dinner for us.

Man without a country said:
See many of the IFB churches following the same program: Open a church, build a bigger building, run buses and show an increase in attendance, build a bigger building, start an academy, send the kids to an IFB school to get a "degree" that will only be recognized in an IFB academy, start a college and grant your own degrees, hire the grads to teach at the academy and college, give your friends honorary degrees. Somebody has to have real jobs to support this operation. I heard a preacher say "let the unsaved people do the jobs that require them to work on Sunday. That statement made from a climate controlled auditorium just before adjournment to go to the caf? for Sunday lunch. Thanks unsaved people for getting the power to the church and preparing Sunday dinner for us.

There's truth to what you say.

My main complaint is the lack of vocational training in our schools.  As you say, it takes money to operate and you need to make money.

No they don't.  Many function like a lot a non-denominational churches where they don't have their own building (renting) or necessarily want one. I know an IFB church that is in a major city that has no room for building bigger churches and they meet in a small space. There are others of course that are strictly house church model. Also if the people going to the church are living pretty close by there is no need for a bus. A van may be used for transporting to summer camps  and other events like for youth. 

brianb said:
if the people going to the church are living pretty close by there is no need for a bus.

Well, we know you're not a HACker!  LOL!

Twisted said:
brianb said:
if the people going to the church are living pretty close by there is no need for a bus.

Well, we know you're not a HACker!  LOL!
I tried to figure out how to approach that, but couldn't quite figure it out.
Correct, the bus ministry is not a mas-transit option.

brianb said:

No they don't.  Many function like a lot a non-denominational churches where they don't have their own building (renting) or necessarily want one. I know an IFB church that is in a major city that has no room for building bigger churches and they meet in a small space. There are others of course that are strictly house church model. Also if the people going to the church are living pretty close by there is no need for a bus. A van may be used for transporting to summer camps  and other events like for youth.

I think you?re right.
Man without?s post reminds me of IFB churches? of the 1970?s.