Does God learn?

rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
So God created a defective being with the defect resulting in that being's choice to sin.

Keep it up. You'll be arguing for other points of determinism before you know it.

Does God have evil in Him?.....im asking you
Nope.
I agree........
so does the evil that we do....come from Him?
In some sense, sure. In another, not at all.

In NO "sense".... did evil come from God. Prove it.

praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
So God created a defective being with the defect resulting in that being's choice to sin.

Keep it up. You'll be arguing for other points of determinism before you know it.

Nope.
I agree........

God created all things.

Done.

praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:

Nope.
I agree........

Gotta love the good old KJV...

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

praise_yeshua said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
no I don't force my wife to love me.....Just like God don't force us to love Him....that would only be true under ur delusional view

You keep saying that like people actually believe it.

and I did tell you about the origin of satan...God created him.....but satan fell on his own..."he said in his heart ....." ...the bible don't say "God made him say in his heart"

So God screwed up when He created Satan. Got it.

so according to what the bible says...we all have free will...(this is understood only if you read the scriptures and have common sense)....so therefore my wife loves me because she loves me...I don't have to force her to

Scripture is quite clear. We are chosen by God and we also choose God. It's not either/or.
no...God didn't screw up.....satan screwed up.....your twisting what I said...

Just give up Bo. He twists what everyone says. He is one of the most dishonest individuals I've ever meet. He's just pretending to know something about theology. He doesn't.
yea....I can see that ......

The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:

Nope.
I agree........

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Our friend, Bo, is a selective KJVo-ist.

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:

Nope.
I agree........

I'd take a KJVOist over you.... any day of the week.

rsc2a said:
The Rogue Tomato said:
praise_yeshua said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:
Bo said:
rsc2a said:

Nope.
I agree........

KJVo-ist = TRUTH-ist

I think it interesting that  Prov. 8:22  which is translated as "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old," can also be translated "The Lord acquired me," which suggests wisdom was learned by the Lord. We know that "before Abraham was Jesus is, so He is the Lord of the Old Testament  and he  "learned " obedience as a man according to the New Testament.

7069 I. ????? 84 vb. get, acquire (NH = BH; Ph. (Pun.) ????, property [in cattle]; As. k?anu?, gain, acquire, MeissnSuppl. 85; Ar. ??????? (???, ???) acquire, procure; Sab. ??? acquire, possess, CISiv, no. 89, 5. 6, ??? n. property Idib. no. 3, 8. 29, 3; Eth. img.  acquire, subjugate; Aram. ?????, ???? (accquire);?

We were created in the image of God and we learn, so God may too. The kingdom of heaven grows. If God is going to say He doesn't know some people, at the end of time, then knowing people could be a learning. Knowledge increases., so what is happening now is a "learning" an increase in knowledge as time passes.

God can not learn because he is the very definition of perfect wisdom and knowledge. Jesus couldn't learn because he was the Godhead in flesh.

FSSL said:
I have seen some statements on this forum that give the impression that God learns.
What do you think?

No.

If God could write the names of all the elect in a book before time began it should be obvious that he does not learn.

He already knows all there is to know about everything.

bgwilkinson said:
FSSL said:
I have seen some statements on this forum that give the impression that God learns.
What do you think?

No.

If God could write the names of all the elect in a book before time began it should be obvious that he does not learn.

Agreed.

With that said, I am reminded of :

Rom 9:22 ? Rom 9:23
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

earnestly contend

bgwilkinson said:
FSSL said:
What do you think?

No.

"Before" is an interesting term.  Many times we hear the word before and think of it in terms of time.  I think in this context as in Place.  God does not live in our timeline. 

I believe God is Omniscient by Choice not by default of His nature.  Meaning He chooses at will to be knowledgeable or not about a subject holding a position of the sense of discovery for Himself about what another intellect would do.  I have what I believe 3 sure biblical examples and at least one other biblical supposition.  I in no way want to diminish the power and knowledge of God in anyone's eyes.  I just think it is important to get a better understanding of how this portion of His nature works.  He can know anything and everything.  Whether He suspends knowing at will is where I think the difference is.  Many use God's "omniscience" and "omnipotence" as a reason to charge Him foolishly.  When man desire to act out of the privilege we have to make intellectual choices, whether good or bad, whether self inflicted, harm from someone else or natural due to the fall of man, charging God foolishly for the privilege of choice is quite wicked.

1.  When Adam Was given charge of the animals in their naming God said "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. " Genesis 2:19

The Hebrew word for "to see" ra?ah is the same word when Noah sent the dove out of the ark "to see" if the land was dry "Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;" Ge 8:8 

2.  The building of the Tower of Babel "And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded." Genesis 11:5  Again the same Hebrew word. Again it seems God came to see what men were doing.

3.  Sodom and Gomorrah  "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;  I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know." Genesis 18:20-21  Again the same Hebrew word ra?ah is used.  And in this case the detail that the seeing will give the knowledge.

4.  Abraham and Isaac's sacrifice.  This one is really a supposition and can be argued either way but if you view it the way I have described God's omniscience then this passage also works in that context.

"And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. Genesis 22:16-18"

BTW an interesting prophetic point  that I never heard taught is this Genesis 22:8  And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.  Genesis 22:13  And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

God never provided Abraham a Lamb in this passage.  It was a prophetic statement.  I find it a good passage as a whole when discussing the gospel with a Hebrew person.