donuts....

i;m seriously wanting a cherry fritter now.... πŸ˜‹πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’.... never had one but can;t stop thinking about it...... i;m going to look up recipes and try to make them as soon as i can......
I'd imagine you could follow an apple fritter recipe only use cherries...

I'm thinking either canned (dark) cherries or pie filling cherries.

I'd imagine you could follow an apple fritter recipe only use cherries...

I'm thinking either canned (dark) cherries or pie filling cherries.
i looked into it when i had time yesterday.... and i might be able to make it with canned cherries.... .either way i deciced it will call for the help of someone in the household more familiar with making things like this.... . .... so i;ll have to wait until she has time.... ..but for a while there i could alost taste the things just thinking about them.... :sneaky:

i looked into it when i had time yesterday.... and i might be able to make it with canned cherries.... .either way i deciced it will call for the help of someone in the household more familiar with making things like this.... . .... so i;ll have to wait until she has time.... ..but for a while there i could alost taste the things just thinking about them.... :sneaky:
Yummmm...

Unfortunately, I gain five pounds just thinking about donuts.

Can't stand canned cherries (Ewwwww!)

Love me some fresh cherries especially picked right off the tree! Had one in my backyard in Lancaster, CA years ago. Fresh cherries can get expensive especially in Hawaii but if you make them with fresh cherries, I'll come around and help you eat them!:cool:

Jupiter Donuts on Center St is the best....red velvet melts in your mouth.

I have a daughter that lives in Denver and she's taken me to a little shop called Fractured Prune Doughnuts. They literally drop your cake doughnut batter into the fryer when you order, and it cooks while you decide what kind of glaze and toppings you want. So good! (And good that it's 1400 miles from where I live or I'd be there every day!)

I work in the transportation department for the local school district and from time to time, various schools have the kids put together an appreciation package which often includes goodies. This morning, the goodies were fudge brownies. Being it was cold and drizzling, I made a pot of coffee. As the coffee was brewing, I was looking forward to a fudge brownie with a cup of coffee. All of a sudden, someone said, "Ooo! There is a hair in my brownie!"

Oh well... The coffee was good.

Can't stand canned cherries (Ewwwww!)

Love me some fresh cherries especially picked right off the tree! Had one in my backyard in Lancaster, CA years ago. Fresh cherries can get expensive especially in Hawaii but if you make them with fresh cherries, I'll come around and help you eat them!:cool:
my dads wife said we will make them with fresh cherries.... they are expensive here but pretty much everything is that has to be imported... ..and we probably won;t have any available here for another month... . ...oh well.....

I work in the transportation department for the local school district and from time to time, various schools have the kids put together an appreciation package which often includes goodies. This morning, the goodies were fudge brownies. Being it was cold and drizzling, I made a pot of coffee. As the coffee was brewing, I was looking forward to a fudge brownie with a cup of coffee. All of a sudden, someone said, "Ooo! There is a hair in my brownie!"

Oh well... The coffee was good.
maybe it was one of those dental health brownies... .. you know.... the kind that flosses your teeth while you are chewing on them... :sneaky:

We've got six donuts from Walmart sitting on our kitchen table right now. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart's donuts, but, they'll do in a pinch,!

the person designated to bring donuts to sunday school today brought leonards malasadas... ... they were still hot and very good....πŸ˜‹ ... but all this talk i was doing about dunkin made me almost wish i was the donut volunteer this week... ... almost.. it;s a long trip out there and back on sunday mornings..... .... but no worries... i think it;s my turn week after next... and somebody will definitely be driving me out to dunkins.... πŸ›»

Last edited:
the person designated to bring donuts to sunday school today brought leonards malasadas... ... they were still hot and very good....πŸ˜‹ ... but all this talk i was doing about dunkin made me almost wish i was the donut volunteer this week... ... almost.. it;s a long trip out there and back on sunday mornings..... .... but no worries... i think it;s my turn week after next... and somebody will definitely be driving me out to dunkins.... πŸ›»
i found the volunteer list in my backpack.... and i was right... i am the official donut bringing designee for sunday april 21st.... ☺️ ... already got a volunteer to drive me out to dunkins at the airport .... and then attend sunday school with us.. . will have to skip breakfast that morning..:unsure:. ...maybe even go easy with dinner the night before.... and light on the coffee too... ....making coffee for sunday school is always the teachers domain... and she keeps lions coffee stocked with a coffee maker in the room... .super strong... .. but that and a high glycemic donut ..(or 2 or 5 of them)... does the trick.... .:coffee: 🍩;)

Last edited: