Examples of Self Centered Ministries

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
I have already named a particular person in the forum that is rather "new but old" to the ministry. That same person is into elaborate marketing programs to "sell" his "ministry".....

If you go to their facebook page, you will see a video clips of him kneeling to pray for america....... The very same thing often was portrayed by his father at campmeetings.....

I'm just going to ask.......

Who in their right mind would record themselves praying? Much less, use it in a marketing campaign to sell themselves?

I told a family member one time, that they had a "marketing campaign" instead of a real "ministry". They were always doing exactly what they needed to get ahead instead of doing what God needed to accomplish His Will.

You want "Bible" for my question?

I've heard plenty of sermons in life on God "shutting the door"....... I think we need one on what God/Jesus said earlier about shutting the door....

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I love the Scriptures. They help me know the Truth and the Truth makes us free.

I have already named a particular person in the forum that is rather "new but old" to the ministry. That same person is into elaborate marketing programs to "sell" his "ministry".....

If you go to their facebook page, you will see a video clips of him kneeling to pray for america....... The very same thing often was portrayed by his father at campmeetings.....

I'm just going to ask.......

Who in their right mind would record themselves praying? Much less, use it in a marketing campaign to sell themselves?

I told a family member one time, that they had a "marketing campaign" instead of a real "ministry". They were always doing exactly what they needed to get ahead instead of doing what God needed to accomplish His Will.

You want "Bible" for my question?

I've heard plenty of sermons in life on God "shutting the door"....... I think we need one on what God/Jesus said earlier about shutting the door....

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I love the Scriptures. They help me know the Truth and the Truth makes us free.

If you were convicted that one of the problems facing the Christian world today was lack of prayer and decided to focus your ministry on prayer how would you concisely communicate that to people checking your ministry out? I think there are enough real problems in the IFB world that there isn't a to nitpick. You are an interesting one. You go between nitpicking these ministries to death and calling for unity.

I know an evangelist (you know him too) that tells of when he started out after he felt the Lord wanting him to be an evangelist, that he never told a soul other than his wife. He tells how things got really tight financially, but he waited. And waited. And prayed.

Then the phone rang. He was asked to do a meeting. He hasn't stopped since.

No fanfare. No "marketing". No "prayer letters". No emails (wasn't invented).

If you were convicted that one of the problems facing the Christian world today was lack of prayer and decided to focus your ministry on prayer how would you concisely communicate that to people checking your ministry out?

Jesus didn't do and he WAS the best. He'd take his disciples out privately into the mountains to pray. He'd go off, separate from them, and pray. He WAS the BEST.

Jesus didn't toot his own horn. Nor did the disciples. They just did what God told them to do. The people God made them is what attracted others. Not their marketing campaigns. Jesus said to pray, closing the door. You'd be well served to follow his examples and teaching and not these "self marketing campaigns".

It really is sad how you're trying to justify this.

I think there are enough real problems in the IFB world that there isn't a to nitpick. You are an interesting one. You go between nitpicking these ministries to death and calling for unity.

I'm not nitpicking. What I've brought up is very serious. It shows who is getting the Glory God deserves. I know you want to trivialize what I've said but your reaction to it proves its not something easily diminished.

I imagine you've never heard the sermon "The little foxes" from your pastor. You can read the text in Song of Solomon if you care to find it.

Let God be true and every man a liar. That includes the men you admire.

I know an evangelist (you know him too) that tells of when he started out after he felt the Lord wanting him to be an evangelist, that he never told a soul other than his wife. He tells how things got really tight financially, but he waited. And waited. And prayed.

Then the phone rang. He was asked to do a meeting. He hasn't stopped since.

No fanfare. No "marketing". No "prayer letters". No emails (wasn't invented).

I know people think such things are trivial but they're not. Thanks for sharing.

Jesus said to pray, closing the door.
Yep, another place I don't measure up to Treasure's perfect example. I've prayed in church, prayed in my car, and prayed on my deck. I don't always escape to a room with a closed door to pray.

It really is sad how you're trying to justify this.
Justify a man wanting to make it known that believes praying to God is important? I'm glad a Christian would find prayer important. If this is the worst thing you can find for criticizing an IFB evangelist than they are in much better shape than I thought.

Yep, another place I don't measure up to Treasure's perfect example. I've prayed in church, prayed in my car, and prayed on my deck. I don't always escape to a room with a closed door to pray.

I imagine you're too busy to dedicate time in prayer. Which is why you pray when it convenient to you. Which is another problem. A problem we have.

Jesus was very specific in the Bible verses I posted. He contrasted what the "marketing teams" were doing in his day with the proper form of prayer that He, Himself, utilized. It is very telling that you'd rather be like your man crush.... than to be like Jesus.

Justify a man wanting to make it known that believes praying to God is important? I'm glad a Christian would find prayer important. If this is the worst thing you can find for criticizing an IFB evangelist than they are in much better shape than I thought.

Just who was that person in the video? An unknown stand in? A nobody?

NO. DR himself.... promoting himself. Which what his father David has done for decades. I remember the pictures that David would circulate through the old camp-meeting days of him swinging that old KJV and kneeling in pray. It was a self marketing campaign then. It is self marketing campaign now.

You can't give a Biblical example of anyone doing what they are doing from your Bible.

First, you don't know your Bible. You don't know it because you've never sought to really know it yourself. All you know is what your pastor has strategically taught you.
Second, you are too lazy to find out for yourself what God said.

Yet. Here you are. No Bible. Nothing but carnal reasoning and you somehow believe you're pleasing to God. Its not working.

I imagine you're too busy to dedicate time in prayer. Which is why you pray when it convenient to you. Which is another problem. A problem we have.

Jesus was very specific in the Bible verses I posted. He contrasted what the "marketing teams" were doing in his day with the proper form of prayer that He, Himself, utilized. It is very telling that you'd rather be like your man crush.... than to be like Jesus.
I think it has already been established that no one clothed in flesh has to attain to the same level of perfection as Treasure.

I Thes 5:17
17 pray without ceasing;

Must be tough never leaving your prayer closet.

I think me and "treasure_lost" could be friends! He's bringin' it! Wanna do lunch?

Just who was that person in the video? An unknown stand in? A nobody?

NO. DR himself.... promoting himself. Which what his father David has done for decades. I remember the pictures that David would circulate through the old camp-meeting days of him swinging that old KJV and kneeling in pray. It was a self marketing campaign then. It is self marketing campaign now.

You can't give a Biblical example of anyone doing what they are doing from your Bible.

First, you don't know your Bible. You don't know it because you've never sought to really know it yourself. All you know is what your pastor has strategically taught you.
Second, you are too lazy to find out for yourself what God said.

Yet. Here you are. No Bible. Nothing but carnal reasoning and you somehow believe you're pleasing to God. Its not working.
I can't cite a single example of a Christian going to an air conditioned church or living in an air conditioned home but that does not mean it's neccessarily wrong.

I can't cite a single example of a Christian going to an air conditioned church or living in an air conditioned home but that does not mean it's neccessarily wrong.

So you're really going to use "air conditioning" as a definitive distinguishing factor?

Brother, you can do better than that.

If you're not Amish, you're not right.

I think it has already been established that no one clothed in flesh has to attain to the same level of perfection as Treasure.

I Thes 5:17
17 pray without ceasing;

Must be tough never leaving your prayer closet.

You're leaving out the largest portion. Don't let that stand in your way!

I'm pretty sure that "praying without ceasing" doesn't involve staging a mock demonstration in front of a camera for your own benefit.

So you're really going to use "air conditioning" as a definitive distinguishing factor?

Brother, you can do better than that.
You are complaining of a color photo of someone praying on their marketing materials with the argument that they did not do it in the NT. Obviously because like air conditioning photographs did not exist at that time.

I think me and "treasure_lost" could be friends! He's bringin' it! Wanna do lunch?

I'd say we've all lost some treasure at one time or another. One day "the fire" will tell what "sort" it is. I tried Lunch with FSSL and I got a blood clot right before it happened. Not saying "who" was involved.... :)

You're leaving out the largest portion. Don't let that stand in your way!

I'm pretty sure that "praying without ceasing" doesn't involve staging a mock demonstration in front of a camera for your own benefit.
Well according to you we are to do all of our praying in secret with closed doors. We can also see we are to pray without ceasing. So if we want to be Treasure style dogmatic about it we violate the NT anytime we leave our prayer closet or at the very least when we come around other people.

You are complaining of a color photo of someone praying on their marketing materials with the argument that they did not do it in the NT. Obviously because like air conditioning photographs did not exist at that time.

I couldn't tell air conditioning was used in the video. How did you tell?

Jesus said not to draw attention to yourself when you pray..... little secret. It wasn't really about literally getting in the closet. Though that is fine too. It was just an example. Jesus went into the mountains and we still don't know exactly what He said then.